Ratings for Dr. Linda Uniat

Absolutely professional and helpful. My eye problem was very sudden and she and her staff fit me into her very busy schedule very quickly and pleasantly. It's clear she is this busy because she knows what she is doing. I feel totally confident having her manage my eyes. Follow up visits have been equally helpful and professional and my concerns have always been dealt with patiently and effectively. Glad my eye care is in her hands!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Have been here a few times now and was diagnosed with Macular Degeneration...she said, and i quote..."Your going bind and here is no cure"...ah what? Didn't want to answer questions...just dismissed me and said she was sending me for an additional test at the Alex...going tomorrow for the rsults...getting those and telling her to "pound it"...then seeking another Dr. She's horrid!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

After having scheduled a number of annual appointments with Dr. Uniat, it is in my opinion that she possesses no usable knowledge whatsoever. Every appointment she would ask me if I have noticed any improvement in my vision, I would usually respond by stating "You are the one with my eye exam results, you tell me ... I would not notice as I see through my eyes everyday, any improvements would be unnoticeable". She would be somewhat irate at the fact that I was making her do her job, and if I asked a question, she seemed reluctant to answer. In addition to the above, the wait times are ridiculous, a scheduled 10am appointment ends up occurring around 1-2pm, pretty much destroying my day. I have to give credit to her support staff who always apologize for the wait times and are always pleasant over the phone.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Uniat's for almost 18 years now. Without her and her staff I would be undoubtedly be blind and an emotional wreck by now. I know I can call anytime with issues and they are there to instruct me and calm me down when I really need it. She is the most intelligent and proactive specialists I have ever seen and would highly recommend her. I trust her with my vision and her decisions I never question as she explains what she needs to do and doesn't sugarcoat the situation. The staff are also very supportive,accommodating , and caring with both me and my wife when she calls with questions. I know that if I do what she tells me I will see my kids graduate and will see their children and my vision will be fine as long as I am still in her care.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

After reading so many negative comments I was prepared for a visit close to unpleasant. What a relief to find out she was straight forward, explained the problem with my eye, showed me a diagram that explained it, gave me the options that could be considered and was pleasant throughout the entire visit. More specialists should follow her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

why did this doctor have a hearing with college of physicians

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

My husband had a detached retina. It was an emergency appointment, she assessed between surgeries, added him right at the end of her already long day. She was very polite, kind and knowledgeable. Understanding that we were both scared. Told us what we needed, gave us the tools. No complaints at all!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

She cured my condition which is why I'm giving her the high number of stars. BUT.... she is soooooo rude!!! Even my father, who accompanied me on my appointments, told me she has a serious attitude problem. Walked into the room, and didn't even say hi to me or my father. Just stood there reading my report and finally said "I need to operate on you" What the hell... and she just has that bad attitude in her voice. I don't like her. Not one bit.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

why is this person a doctor? Would be interesting to see her hearing in Feb , 2015, at the college of physicians?

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

It is so sad to have to see a specialist and she treats you like a nuisance. My eyes are important to me and she should treat patients like they are important to her! Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014