Ratings for Dr. William R. Atkins

I've been his patient for over 30 years , takes lots of time with his patients, very caring.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I came to the clinic because I did not have health insurance. I had a feeling I had endometriosis. Dr. Atkins did an exam with an intern in the room and confirmed my endometriosis. Most of the time he was talking to the intern. When he talked to me it was about sex and how I should please my boyfriend while having this disease. He told me I needed a Hysterectomy. This is not a cure for Endometriosis in any way! As a Gynecologist he should know this. I asked him If I should have a laporoscopy first, he said no, since I dont have insurance I should have a hysterectomy. Rediculous. So glad I researched the disease on my own and did not listen to his recommendation. Horrible Dr. who should retire.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr.Atkins for 17 years and he has delivered my children and done both of my surgeries. I absolutely love him...he is very friendly, eager to answer my questions and explain ,in plain English, the medical procedures and terminology so that I understand what is going on. I would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Wm Atkins allowed a resident to perforate my bowel and as a result I developed peritinitis. Spend 4 separate times in hospital due to his negligence and poor performance.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. William R. Atkins's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med