Ratings for Dr. Raymond J. Murow

After years of hit or miss experiences with Mt. Vernon Internal Medicine (Hinson Farm Rd office), my wife made an appointment with Dr. Murow (Springfield Office) for me based on her positive experiences with Dr. Murow addressing some dermatological issues. His demeanor was pleasant, professional, and reassuring. I am doing a follow-up visit in a couple of weeks and will seek to make him my primary physician. A welcome departure from some of my other experiences with Mt. Vernon Internal Medicine.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

My primary physician for many years. I've always found him very knowledgeable, helpful and caring. Excellent advice and diagnoses. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I went to this doctor for female hair loss and he misdiagnosed me with thyroid. Took thyroid medication and couldnot concentrate, so I stopped it. On the second visit, the only thing left for him to say is "don't come here, I don't want to deal with this." No support. Very unhappy. Also, when they were doing tests for CBS/Thyroid, I tol dhim and his nurse to send blood work to lab acceptable by my insurance. He kept it with internal lab. If you're old timer, you'll probably like him, if not, don't bother-find someone else.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I recently tried Dr. Murow since he had Saturday hours and as a last chance for Mt. Vernon Internal Medicine (they have my files and I didn't want to go on yet another doctor search covered by my insurance), and out of the four doctors I've seen with the practice he's the best. Worth putting up with MVIM's subpar staff. Dr. Murow was in the exam room when the nurse was doing my history and asked me to expand on my symptoms even then. For the first time, I've got a doctor who doesn't just try to fix the symptoms with meds, but tries to assess the problem. He asked questions that no doctor has asked me in the years of experiencing problems with heart palpitations.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

Been a patient for apx. 20 years. Dr. is very knowledgable, also works wells with elderly and their symptoms, has Saturday hours. Bad move when they combined pratice with Mt. Vernon Associates. Sprinfield office staff is very helpful but not the phone staff as it is run by Mt Vernon. Since merger, you may have to wait 2 weeks to see your doctor if you don't request that your call be put through to the Springfield office. They know their patients and get you in right away when it is something like a infection. Dr. stays up on variety of health issues and doesn't try to rush you through the appointment. Dr. Murow makes it easy to discuss any health issue and will send you to a specialist is needed.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Raymond J. Murow's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1971)