Ratings for Dr. David C. Lipps

Dr. Lipps understands and knows how to treat one of the most horrible types of headaches we humans suffer: Cluster headaches. Unlike at least one of his peers in the Kaiser practice, he knows that clusters are not migraines, that they must be treated very differently, and that they have psychological impacts that are almost as bad as the physical impacts. They are called "suicide" headaches for a reason. I highly recommend him for anyone suffering from neurological conditions, but particularly for those who suffer from episodic or chronic cluster headaches.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr. Lipps helped me tremendously with a chronic sleep problem. He correctly recognized a mis-diagnosis from a sleep clinic that had full EKG readings. He prescribed appropriate medication safe for long term use and alternative short term use drugs for the inevitable times when the other stopped working. He helped me develop better sleep strategies specific to my case. He was patient, understanding, and took the time to explain all aspects of both my condition and his recommended treatment. I am grateful for his help andI would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Had a traumatic head injury in 1997 and was diagnosed with PTSD. I had persistent head spinning, funny smells and resultant vomiting especially, after each meal. Dr. Lipps in a prior consult said I was faking and exaggerating my injury. During a neurological examination, I guess to test the head spinning and my so called fakery, though I could not endure it, he asked me to bend down, spin around and perform some other crazy stunts. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for me while turning around to face him on command, a nasty projectiled exudate, autonomously propelled, as if on cue and at a speed of about 5miles/hr, ejected out of my mouth and splashed all over his white coat. In his report documenting the consult and examination, which I read months later, he wrote that I "demonstrated" my condition to him. I question Dr. Lipps's competency and comfortably concludes that he lacks manners. Without making any inferences, suffice you to know that I am black and he is white.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. David C. Lipps's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1984)

HealthPartners