Ratings for Dr. Charles H. Clark

Had a blown L5/S1 disc and I was in bad shape... Was recommended by my chiropractor after he couldn't help me anymore... After the initial visit and MRI, Dr. Clark said surgery was the only way to fix me and with a 90% success rate.. He waited too long (3 weeks) to do surgery on me and I deteriorated until the surgery... He has no bedside manners and although a competent surgeon, he was in no rush to get me better.. I had a second discectomy a year later in the same disc.. It had re-ruptured and he had left a piece of bone in my spinal canal that was causing me pain... 6 months after the 2nd surgery, the disc had degenerated and I was in need of a fusion... He even said so but since I was only 36, he refused to perform one on me and told me to just deal with it... I went to countless follow up visits and waited hours to see him.. Sometimes it was after 7pm when my appointment was at 3pm... Although a competent surgeon, he has no compassion and left me in a mess.... I'm fixed now, thanks to Dr. Cordover at St. Vincent's with a L5/S1 ALIF with LT cages

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I am 19 with a herniated disc in my lower back. He says at my age I just have to live with it and take pain medicine. He is currently still running tests although we already know what the problem is. Doesnt listen to patients.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

the first surgery went well till a few months into I had pain. he told me it was just muscle spasms. well a year went by of me going back and forth and finally they ran another mri. I had another ruptured disk. now its been almost a year and im still in pain. he runs test on me now but he is not listening to me where my pain is. so he is running test on the wrong areas. im currently finding a new dr.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Does not lisson to patien.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Dr. Charles H. Clark's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)