Ratings for Dr. Michael Reid

I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we found Dr. Reid. Dr. Reid is a truly professional who keeps researching and updating himself with the latest advances in oncology and naturopathic medicine. He is very open with the treatments he provides and how much to expect from it, he does not push you to buy anything and recommend to use he approach that you can afford. He tries to work with your MD and not against it. In my case I have been able to avoid chemotherapy because the treatments I am receiving with him. These treatments have not only stopped growth tumor but reduced them, with no hard medicines or side effects. My MD and my family are trilled with the results. Dr. Reid is my hero, he really cares about each of his patients and makes sure to learn everyday more so he can provide the best to each of us. God bless you everyday Dr. Reid.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr Reid and his staff are true professionals. From my first visit, I felt as though Dr Reid had made my health his top priority. The facility is top notch, the Doctors & Nurses are genuine in their concern and dedication to their patients. The results of my treatment have been fantastic ! Not only has my cancer stopped growing, it has began to shrink ! I have the utmost confidence in Dr Michael Reid and The HealthSource Integrative Medical Centre

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Reid for a couple of years. When I first entered the office Dr.Reid showed concern and did not rush you out the door within 3 min .He took time to get to know you, as well he does a full analysis of blood work before any recommendations. Since then we have been working on optimal health.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I have been a regular patient of Dr. Reid’s since 2012. Prior to meeting Dr. Reid, I was sceptical of naturopaths. However, I found Dr. Reid to be very knowledgeable, informed and genuinely concerned about his patients. I first went to Dr. Reid after completing conventional therapies for the treatment of cancer. I was pleased to learn that Dr. Reid advocated naturopathic treatments as a complement to traditional medicine, not as a replacement for it. Dr, Reid keeps up-to-date with research and new therapies which he implements in the clinic (for example, loco regional hypothermia). Dr. Reid provides me with the research I need to make an informed decision about the treatments and products he recommends. He only makes recommendations and has never pushed me to purchase any products or undertake any treatments. He also never pressures me to make a decision on the spot and instead encourages me to review the research and give it some thought. Dr. Reid understands that cost factors into decisions and will provide lower-cost alternatives. The clinic is busy and appointments can run behind. However, I like that Dr. Reid takes time to listen to his patients and does not rush them out of his office. The clinic and the staff are welcoming, warm, professional and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Reid and the Health Source Integrative Medical Centre.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Reid for over 8 years and he is invaluable and has been the reason why my MS has gone into remission. He listens really well and in interested in the whole person. He also has good intuition about what to address and what not to. He has good science and medical understanding. He believes in the value of blood chemistry and food tests. I have been helped by his persistence with getting my blood levels correct (and the level is often different than traditional measures)... The food blood tests and omitting those inflammatory foods have helped reverse my symptoms. He does not just 1 or 2 "tricks in his bag". Overall excellent.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Reid in conjunction with my family doctor for the past year. My family doctor is supportive of my relationship with an ND and likewise. I have several ongoing conditions that cause me physical distress, and Dr. Reid is very transparent about his knowledge or lack thereof in the various areas. He does not fill me with platitudes and false hope; but rather explains the relationship between diet and pain management, and offers lifestyle adjustments. Yes, he will suggest various supplements as he sees fit, but I have never felt any pressure to purchase from him. In fact, on more than one occasion he has directed me to a cheaper source fora required supplement. Most lab tests suggested / required by Dr. Reid are supported by my MD, and she will create the lab requisitions; thereby easing financial burden on my end. I ensure that any tests, labs etc. are forwarded to Dr. Reid by always requesting a copy of my results. I also do a lot of my own research into my conditions. I go to my appointment prepared with questions and observations about my health / body since my last visit. It helps tremendously when an individual is proactive and involved in their own health care management. In my opinion, the “natural health craze” is giving people the wrong idea about NDs and their effectiveness. If you are realistic about your situation and expectations AND proactive in your approach to your own health care, you will do well with Dr. Reid. If you are looking for a “magic potion” that works overnight then a Naturopath is not for you. I have been to other NDs and so far I have no complaints about my interaction with Dr. Reid ….on a side note, I feel it is irresponsible to give a wholly negative review of a professional since a review is often one sided and the reader of the review is not privy to “the rest of the story”.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr Reid is phenomonal . I cannot say enough about how he has helped me regain my health back. He is passionate about his work and stays on top of the latest developments and treatments. He has the very highest of credentials and is the only doctor in the Waterloo region to have board certification in Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO). He has been extremely professional, caring and compassionate and so have all of his staff. I came to him with a stage 3 invasive cancer and he quickly started me on a individualized program. His treatment not only helped me go through chemo without any of the nasty side effects it actually enhanced the effectiveness of it. Integrative care is the approach for me. I was able to return to a physically demanding job sooner than I ever had antisapated. My treatment with Dr. Reid has been 100% a benefit to my timely return to good health. I highly recommend Dr. Reid for competent integrative care.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I saw Dr Reid at the clinic in Cambridge. Overall he really did not improve anything. All he seems to do is give vitamins and minerals and doesn't seem to know about any other treatment options. Nothing else was given or recommended. After a few visits with no help I didn't go back. It was just a waste of money. I later saw another ND in Saint Jacobs who actually was able to help with some other treatments.

Submitted January 20, 2015

To begin, I really can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Reid and staff have been to me during the past 8 months that I have been a patient. My experience began with a return phone call after hours to my daughter to discuss the different treatment options for my grave diagnosis. His call at this time of confusion and urgency truly gave clarity to the flood of information at my time of diagnosis. His integrative approach and genuine care for my well being has not only guided me through the conventional treatments, but allowed for my whole body to be supported concurrently with alternative care. I'm "living" proof that the care I receive from Dr. Reid and his staff is an investment to my present and future health. I can't thank all of them enough!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I cannot believe this "doctor" so far . I called to get some answers for my parents and it's been over a week and nothing. We have spent over 700 dollars , it's like he just keeps selling pointless vitamins you don't need. It's why naturopaths have a bad name and it's this doctor. I am trying a new doctor is week who seems awesome . I don't recommend this "doctor" at all he is a waste of time and money and is extremely un knowledgable. Huge rip off for people who are in need.

Submitted August 26, 2014