You may also like

I have been seeing Dr. Reid in conjunction with my family doctor for the past year. My family doctor is supportive of my relationship with an ND and likewise. I have several ongoing conditions that cause me physical distress, and Dr. Reid is very transparent about his knowledge or lack thereof in the various areas. He does not fill me with platitudes and false hope; but rather explains the relationship between diet and pain management, and offers lifestyle adjustments. Yes, he will suggest various supplements as he sees fit, but I have never felt any pressure to purchase from him. In fact, on more than one occasion he has directed me to a cheaper source fora required supplement. Most lab tests suggested / required by Dr. Reid are supported by my MD, and she will create the lab requisitions; thereby easing financial burden on my end. I ensure that any tests, labs etc. are forwarded to Dr. Reid by always requesting a copy of my results. I also do a lot of my own research into my conditions. I go to my appointment prepared with questions and observations about my health / body since my last visit. It helps tremendously when an individual is proactive and involved in their own health care management. In my opinion, the “natural health craze” is giving people the wrong idea about NDs and their effectiveness. If you are realistic about your situation and expectations AND proactive in your approach to your own health care, you will do well with Dr. Reid. If you are looking for a “magic potion” that works overnight then a Naturopath is not for you. I have been to other NDs and so far I have no complaints about my interaction with Dr. Reid ….on a side note, I feel it is irresponsible to give a wholly negative review of a professional since a review is often one sided and the reader of the review is not privy to “the rest of the story”.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr Reid is phenomonal . I cannot say enough about how he has helped me regain my health back. He is passionate about his work and stays on top of the latest developments and treatments. He has the very highest of credentials and is the only doctor in the Waterloo region to have board certification in Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO). He has been extremely professional, caring and compassionate and so have all of his staff. I came to him with a stage 3 invasive cancer and he quickly started me on a individualized program. His treatment not only helped me go through chemo without any of the nasty side effects it actually enhanced the effectiveness of it. Integrative care is the approach for me. I was able to return to a physically demanding job sooner than I ever had antisapated. My treatment with Dr. Reid has been 100% a benefit to my timely return to good health. I highly recommend Dr. Reid for competent integrative care.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I saw Dr Reid at the clinic in Cambridge. Overall he really did not improve anything. All he seems to do is give vitamins and minerals and doesn't seem to know about any other treatment options. Nothing else was given or recommended. After a few visits with no help I didn't go back. It was just a waste of money. I later saw another ND in Saint Jacobs who actually was able to help with some other treatments.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

To begin, I really can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Reid and staff have been to me during the past 8 months that I have been a patient. My experience began with a return phone call after hours to my daughter to discuss the different treatment options for my grave diagnosis. His call at this time of confusion and urgency truly gave clarity to the flood of information at my time of diagnosis. His integrative approach and genuine care for my well being has not only guided me through the conventional treatments, but allowed for my whole body to be supported concurrently with alternative care. I'm "living" proof that the care I receive from Dr. Reid and his staff is an investment to my present and future health. I can't thank all of them enough!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I cannot believe this "doctor" so far . I called to get some answers for my parents and it's been over a week and nothing. We have spent over 700 dollars , it's like he just keeps selling pointless vitamins you don't need. It's why naturopaths have a bad name and it's this doctor. I am trying a new doctor is week who seems awesome . I don't recommend this "doctor" at all he is a waste of time and money and is extremely un knowledgable. Huge rip off for people who are in need.

Submitted August 26, 2014

I am very pleased with Dr Reid. He is very nice & extremely knowledgeable, and works hard to help you! He tells you about the cost of things first, and will give you second best options if you can't afford it. He is great at blending naturopath stuff with the mainstream medical stuff, and would never tell you to not do the mainstream medical stuff if you're severely sick. He is also awesome with preventative or wellness care!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr Reid is amazing and he does not rip people off. He is always trying to help me save money and is constantly learning new and innovative ways to make an otherwise too expensive therepy more affordable for everyone. He is open and honest. He tells you what you need and not what you want to hear. If you follow his advice and understand that he is not ripping u off, then you will experience healing. He knows his stuff like no one else. No funny stuff. Just provable factual medicine. He reversed what what supposed to be a chronic illness in my body. Just do what he says. Its up to you. Thank you so much. You are a true Godsend.

Submitted May 2, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Reid on a monthly basis for over 2 years now. I first met him at a seminar discussing stress and was impressed with the information and talk that he gave. I have been going to him ever since and plan to continue indefinitely (everyone needs a regular tune-up of their health). I would have no hesitation in recommending his services to anyone. I have found him to be punctual, helpful, caring, compassionate and genuinely concerned. I trust his judgment completely. From my observations, he provides every patient with the care they expect and require. I find his fees and supplements to be quite reasonable and do not question any of his charges.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I am very disappointed at how he rips people off. He charges you $300 for a 120 panel Igg food intolerance test, while the actual cost of the test by the lab is $125 if you come in with a request from your family doctor. I thought it was odd that I have to pay for the cost of the test in his clinic not at the lab. Now I know why. He charges $175 more. That's a huge mark up. On top of this, most insurance company won't pay for this cost because naturopath doctors are licensed to conduct this test by themselves. There are actually plenty of naturopath doctors in the region that do this themselves so you can be covered. Insurance will also reimburse if this is requested by a family doctor. So save your money, go to a family doctor to get a request. Or even better, go to another naturopath doctor which does it in house. Either way, don't see him and be ripped off. He doubles the price!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I see Dr. Reid at the Complemenatry Healing Arts Clinic in Cambridge, although he also has a clinic in Kitchener. He is knowledgeable in both medical and naturopathic, and combines these 2 methods to give you the best solutions. I could not believe that after I saw a Naturopath, he encouraged me to take the prescription that I was given by my GI for post surgical complications (bowel resection for Crohn's) - he assured me it was a safe and helpful drug. He is very patient, and any time I have a question he is very thorough in his answers. He understands that this is your health and that you are dealing with it everyday - and he wants to make your life better. Before prescribing anything he will give you information (websites, books, brochures etc.) so that you may read up if you choose, so that you may truly understand what it is that you are taking, and how it will help you as well as what potential side effects will be. He truly practices complementary medicine. He is fantastic.

Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Michael Reid's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Reid in conjunction with my family doctor for the past year. My family doctor is supportive of my relationship with an ND and likewise. ..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Reid is phenomonal . I cannot say enough about how he has helped me regain my health back. He is passionate about his work and stays on top of the latest d..."

June 11, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N2A1" to "N2H 2E6". Address has been updated from "None" to "227 Dumfries Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15199547950".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Reid at the clinic in Cambridge. Overall he really did not improve anything. All he seems to do is give vitamins and minerals and doesn't seem to know ..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "To begin, I really can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Reid and staff have been to me during the past 8 months that I have been a patient. My experience be..."

September 18, 2014