Ratings for Dr. Aina Zhang

My husband and I will be forever grateful to Aina and the entire Sinocare team for helping us to conceive our beautiful, healthy son. We tried to have children for 12 years, and saw doctors and the Zita West Clinic who told us we would never have kids. We needed IVF, and credit our excellent doctor for that, but, crucially, Aina ensured that our ingredients were of the best possible quality. This was not easy - I was 44 when our son was born, and my husband had severe oligospermia, producing between 10-20 sperm (not thousands or millions) most of which were misshapen or dead. Aina guided us, and encouraged us at every turn in her quiet way. We worked very hard to have our son - whatever Aina told us to eat (or not to eat), we ate, when she told me to cut back my work hours, I cut them back. She was always right. It took a year, and getting through a miscarriage from our first IVF, to conceive our son on the second try. Keep an open mind, and persevere with Aina - it is worth it.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Very accurate and excellent care. I got pregnant within a couple of months of starting treatment :)

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I remember Aina Zhang from years back prior to her becoming the fertility acupuncturist to many celebrities. I liked her and felt she took she her time with me. I also benefitted from her advice and treatment. Fast forward years later when I visited her clinic again, and I enjoyed my experience a lot less. I felt like I was on an assembly line. First I saw her husband who took note of my medical complaints, then I saw Aina who re-confirmed what her husband noted and who decided on the day's treatment protocol; then someone else did the needling (or she could have done it for an extra fee), and then someone else turned/manipulated the needles during treatment and removes them. For me, it seems that the clinic has become so focussed on efficiency that their management choices have diminished the personal connection that I really value between patient and practitioner. For this reason, although Aina is a skilled, experienced, and an acupuncturist who I continue to respect, I now go to another clinic where treatment is more one-on-one, economical, and where I am getting the results that I want.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

Dr. Aina Zhang's response
I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your recent experience in Sinocare. Like you, I personally much prefer the one-to-one experience with my patient decade ago. However, time and circumstance has irreversibly changed and I have no choice but to use a much more efficient team-approach to meet the very high demand for my expertise in gynaecology and infertility. If I were working alone like in the good old days, I would have to work at least 10 hours a day and 6 days a week. That is obviously neither unsustainable nor undesirable after 35 years in the business. To be fair to all patients and Sinocare team members, this team approach is evidently working because we have helped to make over a thousand babies and produced thousands of very satisfied patients in recent years. It is wildly practiced in almost all medical facilities. If you still prefer the good old fashioned experience, I could refer you to one of my four full time acupuncturists. They are all very experienced, have expertise in various areas, reasonably priced, well supported by me and using the one-to-one approach. Best wishes and hope to see you again soon.

Submitted October 18, 2017

i love u Aina Zhang! Because of u i'm a mommy of 4 years old baby boy ! You, James and your team are the best to help in fertility problems! kEEP IT UP ! Much love !

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Aina Zhang's response
Thanks for the nice rating. After 35 years in the business, it still warms my heart every time I hear that another baby is born due to my knowledge and effort. However, it would be much more useful for potential patients if you put more details about your particular case and your experience in Sinocare.

Submitted July 10, 2017

I got pregnant the first month after a year trying. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Zhang and her staff. I called James numerous times worried I wasn't doing things properly and he always called me back promptly and genuinely cared. I had tried everything before this to conceive and nothing worked. I definitely recommend sinocare.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

It has been about 4 months since I started acupuncture Aina and the Sino care team. I was hesitant to turn to acupuncture and had constantly refused to try it because I was so afraid of what it would feel like with the needles. I worried that it would hurt or be uncomfortable in some way and I was so scared to try it. But my sister, who had been receiving treatment with Aina at Sin care would constantly encourage me to try acupuncture because it had worked so well for her and had helped her tremendously. I had finally decided to try acupuncture after my osteopath mentioned it to me as a treatment to help me with my digestive issues & abdominal pain and also because of the positive experience my sister had. I was anxious at my first treatment because I did not know what to expect but I soon discovered that it was painless and the needles did not hurt or bother me in any way! Instead, I felt a sense of peace, calm & serenity come over me. It has been like I said about 4 months since I started acupuncture and the overall experience has been a positive & helpful one. Aina & her team have helped me to feel better with my digestive issues as well as other issues I have been dealing with. I actually look forward to my acupuncture treatments because they make me feel so good and create a sense of calm & peace within me. I would definitely recommend Aina & her acupuncture treatments! Thank you Aina & Sino Care for all of your help!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I was suffering from terrible morning sickness during pregnancy, and Dr Zhang and her team really helped alleviate the symptoms. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is pregnant to be followed throughout their gestational period - and beyond!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

very kind, caring, knowledgeable acupuncturist. Aina really takes care of you and makes a difference in your health. I totally recommend.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Aina Zhang's response
Thanks for the nice rating, but it would be much more useful for potential patients if you put more details about your particular case and your experience in Sinocare.

Submitted March 27, 2017

When I started seeing Dr Aina Zhang, I hadn't had my period for 2 years and half, since my first delivery. After my first daughter was born my hormonal system was completely unbalanced, I wasn't feeling healthy either. I breastfed her for 15th months but even after stopping breastfeeding completely I hadn't had my period for more than one year until I heard about Sinocare and Dr Zhang. I went there and 3 weeks later I got my period back! However I had very long cycles (60 days or more) so after a while I started taking provera to shorten my cycles as well. This hormone wasn't working well for me and each time I took it the next cycle was a mess. I was seeing Dr Zhang the whole time and she helped me keep my periods there. Acupuncture and Naturopathy might take time, they might not give the results we're looking for as quick as we would like to but they definitely did lots of good things to my body in order to regain the health and hormonal balance. After 14 months of treatment I finally got pregnant of a healthy little girl who was born last month! I can't thank enough Dr Zhang and her team for all the support and the treatments they gave me. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I totally recommend this place to any person suffering from infertility.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

My wife has spent thousands of dollars with this company over the last year. Eventually we went for IVF.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Aina Zhang's response
Very sorry that the treatment did not help her to get pregnant naturally. Given the complexity of female infertility treatment, it is not abnormal for any one, with any treatment to fail . To give you a reference, the IVF pregnancy rate (not live-birth rate) is around 30% depending on my factors and the cost is around 10,000$. Additionally, acupuncture treatment very often improves a patients fertility function and general health even when it fails to achieve a pregnancy, but improves a patient's IVF success rate. About 50% of the over a thousand babies made in our clinic is via IVF + acupuncture. I wish your wife best of luck with her IVF.

Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Aina Zhang's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Aina Zhang is one of the most educated, experienced and talented acupuncturist in Quebec. Her credentials include: • M.D. degree in Integrated Chinese & Western Medicine (1982, Guangzhou University of TCM, China) • Master’s degree in Gynecology (1989, Guangzhou University of TCM, China) • 30 years of clinical experience in TCM & Western Medicine • Licensed acupuncturist in Quebec since 1995 • Founder of Quebec’s first TCM gynecology & Infertility clinic, SinoCare • Lecturer of Quebec’s first Acupuncture treatment for female Infertility training program • Author of Canada’s first Acupuncture treatment for female Infertility DVD In recent years, she has helped over 1000 women to realize their dreams of parenthood including that of Celine Dion and Julie Snyder.

• English
  • French
  • Cantonese
  • Mandarin

• Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• Infertility