Ratings for Dr. Pedro Malavet

Agreed with the majority. He is AWFUL. I'm from California and despite the fact that I have multiple connective tissue symptoms, he brushed them all off and just went back to fibromyalgia. My nasal septum is GONE...he admitted he has NEVER seen a patient with that problem without a diagnosis already (and to be clear there are a finite number of things that cause septum a to dissolve...mostly autoimmune related, and again I have many many other joint and cartilage problems...but my nose must be a coincidence, according to him!) If I wanted to hear the same BS, I could've stayed home. I came here to see specialists that WANT to help. His guy does not want to help. He also made me cry and he does in fact say stuff like "I see patients like you everyday! Hundreds of people like you!" So I say "oh really? Fibromyalgia is causing inflammation in my rib cage? Causing inflammation in my nose? Causing my septum to disappear? Causing my documented arthritis in every joint?" He again had to admit that he has in fact NEVER see anyone with a nose and sinus like mine in addition to chronic pain. But he still will swear up and down it must be fibromyalgia (even though it cannot cause the sinus issues). Don't believe him. He won't have seen any of your actual records. You are seeing him only to get appointments to the actual specialists. Despite not seeing any records, he will come up with the same BS you've already heard (otherwise you would not be here).

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

This doctor was absolutely the WORST doctor I have ever come across. He did not listen to me, lied in my patient notes about reading my past medical history when he stated he did not have any of my records, and said "I see hundreds of patients just like you every year. You need to be in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, nothing will come back on the tests." He did not examine me yet lied again in his notes stating he did a full examination. Because of his ignorance, I have tried to fight to get any of the Mayo Clinic doctors to take me seriously. If you get him as your intake doctor RUN!!! Ask to change doctors! He is a pompous, male chauvinist pig that has no problem turning the other cheek no matter how sick you really are.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

The most disrespectful and cruel doctor I have ever encountered. He has the worst bedside manner that I have ever experienced. As a doctor he was dismissive of the patient's complaints and trivialized/discredited the patient's questions. He was rude and displayed a lack of professionalism. He verbally insulted and got into an argument with the parent who was with the patient during the initial exam. He is the type of doctor that judges the patient prematurely and displays the typical egotistical god complex that gives good doctors a bad name. It is unfortunate that patients who come seeking help have to deal with a doctor who treats them like less then a human being. This doctor in particular needs to be educated on the proper way to speak to patients and how to check his ego at the door. This doctor has failed at being a health provider. He needs to go back to school and relearn that he is not treating a body but instead he is treating a human being with feelings and emotions.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

He was kind and knowledgable. Really he was admitting Dr. at Mayo. Nice and respectful.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

My family and I drove seven hours to the MAYO clinic and had a wonderful experience…until I met Dr. Malavet. Dr. Malavet is probably one of the rudest people I have ever come across in my entire life. Within the first 3 minutes of my appointment, he literally had me in tears due to his rude, abrasive behavior. He didn’t listen to me though I repeated myself over and over again and he made me feel like I was a complete idiot. I must say, however, that he was the only doctor that finally gave me a diagnosis…after 18 years of suffering. I am thankful to finally have answers but I do warn those who will be seeing him that he is a complete JERK.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

As a 20 year old female, I agree with the other statements on this website about his lack of concern for young females. He was extremely rude, discouraging, and dismissive and refused to believe there was much of anything wrong with me despite his lack of a reason for that opinion. I do not recommend ever seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

This doctor is an ASS do not see this doctor ever. I will never go back to Mayo again. I drove 3 hours to be seen and I regret going. I wasted time and money being seen by this doctor. He does not listen and is a jerk. He already has an opinion and no matter what you say he is right and will not consider anything you have to say if he doesn't agree. Don't waste your time being seen by this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

Worst doctor at the Mayo clinic. Rude, and doesn't care about the patient. If you like being treated by a schmuck, then go to him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

A very poor listener, and does not have very good bedside manner with women patients.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr. Pedro Malavet's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)