Ratings for Dr. Mary H. Henkel

Love Dr. Henkel! She always makes me feel like she's on my team. If I have an idea about what might be going on, or a test that might help make a determination, she always listens and considers my ideas. She is thoughtful and cares about my time. She always remembers things from way back, and I can't imagine she reviews her charts that far back before she sees every patient.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

The best in town, she takes the time to really listen.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Staff or CMA's are useless and rude, Dr.Henkel totally missed a medical situation with me then covered it up in my records that will follow me forever. A friend warned me I didn't listen in the end I paid for it. Poorly run office and the scheduling is done by the MD's so quality of care is not her concern. It is quantity or dollars for her!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I agree with the other reviews... Dr. Henkel is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She spends time with me, is careful to listen to my concerns & answers my questions. She knows what she is talking about & is competent. (She does have a unique personality.) However, my issue is with the scheduling and the people at the front desk. I always wait an average of 2 hours (after my scheduled time) to see her. Several of the front desk employees are friendly & show that they care, but there are a couple of workers who have been unfriendly and unhelpful. Dr. Henkel's nurses are always wonderful, however.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

The worst time management I have experienced in my healthcare patient career. She is a good doctor. When you finally get to see her. She spends plenty of time with you but you know that other patients are waiting. She should only have a few patients/day. I am not sure who is at fault but the wait times are horrendous at best.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr Henkle is a wonderful doctor! She is usually running behind, but the wait time is worth it as she spends just as much time caring for you as a patient. She is personal with all here patients & shows that she truly cares. I was once so sick I was on a breathing treatment in her office & was chilling/fever, a nurse went to get me a blanket, but they didn't have any. When Dr Henkle found out she sent her very own personal jacket for me to use. If that's not caring & compassion I dobkt know what is! She has always gotten to the bottom o hat was wrong & if she didn't know something she wld go ck the textbooks, refer with another doc, etc until she had the answer. And did it right then! So yes, the wait time can be a while, but she truly gives you the care needed when she treats you. I personally am ok to wait on good personalized care. I wld much rather wait then get right in, see a doc for 5 mins & be rushed out. Dr Mary Henkle is great at what she does!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

This lady is always late I have waited two hours for her. She comes across nice however she spends very little time listening to the patient and figuring out what is wrong. Staff is medical assistants that are poorly supervised, staff eats donuts at desk when patients come in fasting for blood work.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

This group has grown and staff is managed poorly. I called in for appointment was told I would have to call back next week seems folks answering the phone ask what you want to be seen or and triage you with no or limited medical back ground.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr. Mary H. Henkel's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)