You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Carl Young

I went to have my wisdom teeth removed by Dr young. He was very friendly and warm and knowledgable and just awesome! I had my surgery at mount view surgical centre in SW Calgary. So he, the surgeon was incredible. But his staff was terrible!!! The nurses were very mean and cold to begin with but even when I woke up from my anesthesia you'd think they'd warm up a little more but not at all! Even worse to be honest. And that's when you need it the most. I didn't even get a smile or how are you feeling. There was one older lady who was nice to me. But the younger nurses were absolutely terrible! Don't know how I feel because Dr young is amazing but he needs to do something about his staff

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I had my wisdom teeth taken out asleep a week ago and had a great experience. Even though I am older my recovery was quick with no bruises! Everyone is very nice and Dr. Young has a great bedside manner. They also bill directly to the insurance company which helps alot.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

My son was involved in a skiing accident and the hospital sent us over to see Dr. Young. My son was put to sleep and his broken lower jaw was fixed the same day and he's recovering really well. Can't say enough about the care we received.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

My daughter prepared for 2 years to have a major $7000 jaw surgery. She was in braces the entire time and we had 8 appointments. We followed through on every single visit. Two weeks before surgery- she went in and had her final molds and bloodwork done. We left that appointment ready for her surgery which was booked two weeks following. At 3:30 pm we were called and said she had missed a final appt and her operation was to be cancelled - with the next date they offered 6 months away!! They would give no alternate date for the 30 min appt she "missed". She is in daily pain and constant emotional struggles because of her misaligned jaw. Staff told me "it's a consequence, hope she learned a lesson".

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

The worst. He didn't use proper anaesthetic and didn't believe we when I said I was in pain. He most likely hit a nerve. He treated me, didn't follow up, the situation reappeared and I lost several molars, which has caused me a great deal of grief because my other molars have cracked from overuse. I should sue him for malpractice.

Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Carl Young does not listen to you. He talks down to you. I would never let this Doctor touch my teeth. He basically said the other Oral Surgeon that I saw previously did not know what she was talking about.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr Carl Young was focused, precise, and had an amazing sense of humour as well. About as enjoyable of an experience you can expect having an impacted wisdom tooth removed - would highly recommend him. The majority of his staff were great too - especially his assistant - super warm. There was a young receptionist who was a bit terse though - hense the lower staff rating. The majority of them were awesome too though:)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

My dentist referred me to Dr. Young to check out some unexplained inflammation in my mouth. I was in pain and quite concerned about it, but Dr. Young addressed all my questions/concerns, did a biopsy right away, and then took the time to explain my diagnosis to me. Dr. Young is very caring and compassionate and I can tell that he truly has his patients' best interest at heart. His staff were all kind and helpful as well. I would highly recommend!! =)

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I had a cracked tooth which needed to be extracted. Dr. Young was very pleasant, cheerful, and I felt very comfortable in his presence. His professionalism was excellent.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I had to have my wisdom teeth taken out and i can say that this is the place to go. The staff were incredibly reliable and answered all my questions fully. Dr young was patient and understanding of my nervousness and took care of me in the most caring way possible.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Carl Young's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I went to have my wisdom teeth removed by Dr young. He was very friendly and warm and knowledgable and just awesome! I had my surgery at mount view surgical cen..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my wisdom teeth taken out asleep a week ago and had a great experience. Even though I am older my recovery was quick with no bruises! Everyone is very nic..."

January 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son was involved in a skiing accident and the hospital sent us over to see Dr. Young. My son was put to sleep and his broken lower jaw was fixed the same day..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My daughter prepared for 2 years to have a major $7000 jaw surgery. She was in braces the entire time and we had 8 appointments. We followed through on every s..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The worst. He didn't use proper anaesthetic and didn't believe we when I said I was in pain. He most likely hit a nerve. He treated me, didn't follow up, the s..."

November 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Carl Young does not listen to you. He talks down to you. I would never let this Doctor touch my teeth. He basically said the other Oral Surgeon that I saw p..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Carl Young was focused, precise, and had an amazing sense of humour as well. About as enjoyable of an experience you can expect having an impacted wisdom too..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My dentist referred me to Dr. Young to check out some unexplained inflammation in my mouth. I was in pain and quite concerned about it, but Dr. Young addressed ..."

July 22, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drcarlyoung.com" to "http://www.drcarlyoung.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3E 7E6". Address has been updated from "None" to "4555 Richardson Road Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032422600".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a cracked tooth which needed to be extracted. Dr. Young was very pleasant, cheerful, and I felt very comfortable in his presence. His professionalism w..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had to have my wisdom teeth taken out and i can say that this is the place to go. The staff were incredibly reliable and answered all my questions fully. Dr y..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had 13 implants and major bone grafting done. Smooth experience very happy with the results."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took both my 7 year old son to see Dr. Young about a tooth in his palate and was very impressed with both he and his staff. The front desk girl was very helpf..."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The rates are super high, and they try to get everything they can from you and from your insurance. Too Expensive. When I got the final bill and called them bec..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Carl was great, but the experience begins with the staff. Michelle was extremely rude to me when I was trying to pay a bill. I had to be assisted by her man..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed, had referal for bone grafting. On initial consiltation he told me he would be doing whole procedure. Went through the surgery had appointment s..."

September 25, 2014