Ratings for Dr. Carl Young

My daughter had 3 oral surgeries before coming to see Dr. Young and she was very apprehensive. The doctor and his nurses were very patient and efficient at getting the job done.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I would not recommend him. He has a horrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I went to have my wisdom teeth removed by Dr young. He was very friendly and warm and knowledgable and just awesome! I had my surgery at mount view surgical centre in SW Calgary. So he, the surgeon was incredible. But his staff was terrible!!! The nurses were very mean and cold to begin with but even when I woke up from my anesthesia you'd think they'd warm up a little more but not at all! Even worse to be honest. And that's when you need it the most. I didn't even get a smile or how are you feeling. There was one older lady who was nice to me. But the younger nurses were absolutely terrible! Don't know how I feel because Dr young is amazing but he needs to do something about his staff

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I had my wisdom teeth taken out asleep a week ago and had a great experience. Even though I am older my recovery was quick with no bruises! Everyone is very nice and Dr. Young has a great bedside manner. They also bill directly to the insurance company which helps alot.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

My son was involved in a skiing accident and the hospital sent us over to see Dr. Young. My son was put to sleep and his broken lower jaw was fixed the same day and he's recovering really well. Can't say enough about the care we received.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

My daughter prepared for 2 years to have a major $7000 jaw surgery. She was in braces the entire time and we had 8 appointments. We followed through on every single visit. Two weeks before surgery- she went in and had her final molds and bloodwork done. We left that appointment ready for her surgery which was booked two weeks following. At 3:30 pm we were called and said she had missed a final appt and her operation was to be cancelled - with the next date they offered 6 months away!! They would give no alternate date for the 30 min appt she "missed". She is in daily pain and constant emotional struggles because of her misaligned jaw. Staff told me "it's a consequence, hope she learned a lesson".

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

The worst. He didn't use proper anaesthetic and didn't believe we when I said I was in pain. He most likely hit a nerve. He treated me, didn't follow up, the situation reappeared and I lost several molars, which has caused me a great deal of grief because my other molars have cracked from overuse. I should sue him for malpractice.

Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Carl Young does not listen to you. He talks down to you. I would never let this Doctor touch my teeth. He basically said the other Oral Surgeon that I saw previously did not know what she was talking about.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr Carl Young was focused, precise, and had an amazing sense of humour as well. About as enjoyable of an experience you can expect having an impacted wisdom tooth removed - would highly recommend him. The majority of his staff were great too - especially his assistant - super warm. There was a young receptionist who was a bit terse though - hense the lower staff rating. The majority of them were awesome too though:)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

My dentist referred me to Dr. Young to check out some unexplained inflammation in my mouth. I was in pain and quite concerned about it, but Dr. Young addressed all my questions/concerns, did a biopsy right away, and then took the time to explain my diagnosis to me. Dr. Young is very caring and compassionate and I can tell that he truly has his patients' best interest at heart. His staff were all kind and helpful as well. I would highly recommend!! =)

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015