Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Heir

Most horrible dentist I have ever been to in my life. I will never go back to Dr. Gary Heir. Its all about the money and does a rush job in your mouth. He has a heavy hand and caused me a lot of pain in the process of him working in my mouth. Not to mention his dirty office and him wearing the same dirty gloves after touching his computer and dusty objects in his working space. Dr. Heir does not change his gloves and starts working in your mouth again with the same dirty gloves on. I did not say anything to him because he always looks angry and his mind is on everything but your teeth. I will never go back. What an awful experience.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

This dentist dr. Gary Heir should not be able to keep his practice open. He is a money hungry dentist whom does not care about his patients that have chronic facial pain. He just wants to bill your insurance as much as possible; while pretending to care. Do Not dare use dr. heir or you will be sorry. Go, anywhere else if you have chronic facial pain. Please read all the comments written about this dr. I am sure all the positive comments came from people that dr. heir asked to write the comments in an attempt not to look so bad.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I was taken aback when I saw the reviews. The dentist I know is an a man of extraordinary compassion when it comes to chronic facial pain. He's an exceptional listener and he's willing to try unorthodox approaches, refer to great specialists, and co-ordinate difficult care. The staff at Rutgers in Newark is always friendly. But their office has been in the need of renovation for a long time.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

All I can say is I was a new patient several months ago. To sum up my experience with dr. Heir , I would say it was a nightmare. I felt very uncomfortable because he was touching his computer that was so dusty and dirty and the same pair of dirty gloves went back into my mouth.. Also, he was not concentrating on what he was doing in my mouth. He caused me a lot of pain during the examination. He was more focused on his things he needs to get done and calling people while working in my mouth. He does not give you his undivided attention when he is working in your mouth. The lady at the front desk was very nice to me. The Spanish lady that was in the back did not seem to know what she was doing. Perhaps it was her first few days working there for the dr. I thought maybe the dr. was just having a very bad day. So, I decided to give dr. Heir the benefit of the doubt and make another appt. with his office. I went back to dr. Heir for my second appt. It was at that time I knew everything was real. I experienced the same treatment as the first visit. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this dentist to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Horrible Dentist!!! Beware, You will leave Dr. Gary Heir's office with additional problems with your teeth and gums. Dr. Is a grumpy old Dentist that only worries about money. He does not care if your hurting or not. He just tells you to take something for pain, and he is the one who caused you all the pain in the first place. Heartless and needs to brush his teeth because his breath always smells bad when he is breathing all over you because he does not wear a mask like other dentists. He is drill happy. He is always finding something in your mouth to drill. More drilling, the more he charges for what he is doing inside you mouth.........

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

PART 1 (DO NOT MISS PART 2) IN ONE WORD, DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DENTIST: HORRIBLE WARNING! 1. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE TONS OF CERTIFICATES DISPLAYED ON THE WALL AT THE RECEPTION AREA. IT’S A TRAP! WHILE YOU STILL CAN, LEAVE THE CLINIC RIGHT AWAY! OR SUFFER UNDER THE HANDS OF DR. GARY HEIR. 2. DR. HEIR AND HIS DENTAL ASSISTANT DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY’RE DOING. I WENT TO SEE DR. HEIR FOR THE FIRST TIME AND MY EXPERIENCE WAS A COMPLETE DISASTER! WAITING TIME: 15 MINUTES. X-RAY AND CLEANING – GUESS WHAT, 5 MINUTES!!!! 3. THE WAY DR. HEIR INSERTS THE X-RAY FILMS INTO MY MOUTH IS LIKE THE WAY HOW SOMEONE PUTS STUFFING INTO A TURKEY BEFORE ROASTING. SO HARSH, SO RUTHLESS. YOU WOULD START FEELING UNCOMFORTABLE AND PAIN WITH THE X-RAY PROCEDURE ALONE BECAUSE OF THE WAY DR. HEIR HANDLES IT. YOU DON’T FEEL HE CARES AT ALL! ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS THE MONEY HE COULD MAKE OUT OF MY INSURANCE.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

I thought he was a great doctor. He was helpful and fixed the problem quick. Totally recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr. Heir is one of the sweetest human beings on earth. He is also the most knowledgeable guy in the industry. Although the treatments for my facial pain were very painful, one treatment helped for at least half a year. In addition, I had a plethora of health issues. He actually referred me to the right people and well..saved my life! His staff is so sweet your teeth could fall out. Which is lucky that Dr. Heir could put them back in. :-) And he would put a smile on your face while he is at it. You might wait a while for your appointment, but personally, I'd rather know he's taking his time with his patients than pushing them out the door. I owe my life and my smile to him. Finding good Doctors like him, are few and far between. If you have TMJ and facial pain disorders, he is your man!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

With this wonderful dogshit economy we're in I couldn't afford to get any dental work done on my mouth for years. No that's not a typo: *years.* I knew I needed work because I had a few teeth that were absolutely killing me and after a while I just couldn't stand the pain anymore. I went to see Dr. Heir and in a matter of months he was able to fix everything that was wrong in my mouth (and there was plenty). And took care of all my pain and was more than fair with the price. Anyone knows...there's nothing worse than a toothache and I had a whole mouth full of them!! I can't say enough nice things about him. Awesome staff too boot!! And nobody's more knowledgable...he's constantly flying all over the world to teach on dentistry. He really is the best. Simply put he cares. He puts you at east with everything and he's knows what he's doing. What more could you ask for? I've since moved to queens and I drive down to Bayonne to get my check ups from him. He's *that* good.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011