Ratings for Dr. Pejman D. Lahiji

I’ve never had a good experience with anesthesia. I’ve had to have many surgeries due to an illness and the side-effects afterwards, the throwing up, and so forth has always been difficult To my surprise, I had no problems this last time and it’s because of Dr. Lahaiji. He listened to me, paid attention to everything, was helpful and sincere. He was great and hopefully, I won’t need another surgery for a while, but if I do – I’m going to request him if possible. He’s a life-saver!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

It is sad that after going through the time and energy to select a good surgeon you get stuck with whatever anesthesiologist they have. This doctor gassed me out. I layed on the table for 20 minutes with my arms velcroed down. when he came in he didn't even try and start the IV. He put an oxygen mask on my face and said he was giving me nitrous. I told him I couldn't breath and he just said don't worry about it and pressed harder on the mask. I heard him say "I sure don't want to smell this stuff" and he pushed with both hands. It was a horrible experience. I am claustrophobic as it is and this was an awful way to fall asleep. I am still waiting to hear from the hospital to find out if any action was taken against this doctor. Be careful and question your physician about the anesthesiologist. If you don't like what is happening speak up or tell them you are leaving. I wish I had but I felt it was too late at that point.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010