Ratings for Dr. Setorme Tsikata

Was initially my prenatal doctor. Was very short and challenging about silly things (like the nurses always weighed me on a certain scale because they said the other one was broken. Told that to the doctor and she told me that that was ridiculous and I was wrong). Had a breakout of acne on my back. She diagnosed it as PUPPP and prescribed me a steroid cream (on my pregnant body and on infected skin). Did not take her advice and it eventually cleared up on it's own. Then she did the Tri test on me without my knowledge (doctors always give you the option to take the test because of the high incidence of false positives). So I get a call one day that my child has a 1 in 50 chance of having down syndrome. She read the results right off the paper in my chart right in front of me. Fast forward to the panicked visit to the genetic counselor and the amniocentesis. The genetic counselor goes over my results and says 1 in 110 chance of down syndrome. I said, "I was told 1 in 50". We cross referenced my health care number and realized that the results that Dr Tsikata read to me and showed me in the room that day belonged to someone else. Amniocentesis and several other tests determined that the baby was completely healthy. All of that stress and trauma for no reason and because I was not asked if I wanted to have the Tri-test done. We switched doctors immediately and delivered a very healthy child. Years later I had to attend an after hours clinic. When I realized that she was the physician on that night we told the front desk that we would not see her.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Always behind schedule, sometimes over an hour. Good with common problems only. Staff make mistakes with appt times.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Dr. Tsikata has been my GP for five years. Even when I had the first appointment of the day, I always waited at least 30 minutes (and a maximum of two hours). For four years she ignored my complaints about intense pain in my upper back and neck, blaming it all on bulging discs and moderate osteoarthritis following a fall down stairs. She prescribed painkillers, recommended that I continue physiotherapy, and that was all. My mom had had two surgeries to treat a condition (a Chiari I malformation that caused a cervical syrinx) when she was roughly my age; as a PhD candidate in the medical science field, I knew it could be passed on genetically and could explain my symptoms, but Dr. Tsikata disagreed and refused to send me for another MRI. I finally got in to a chronic pain clinic, and was sent for two MRIs almost immediately. They confirmed my diagnosis, and I was able to start taking non-narcotic medications, which actually helped more than the painkillers. I still see her a couple times a year for prescription refills, and have found her to be surprisingly knowledgeable. I think that she has a good amount of knowledge, she just isn't very proactive when it comes to searching for answers. Once she found a potential explanation for my pain, she had no desire to keep looking for a better one. She also has a tendency to be rather judgmental, and can even be a little terse and abrasive.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I saw Dr Tsikata for a couple years before finally looking for someone else. She is very difficult to deal with. Every appointment I had was behind schedule, including once where I waited an hour before seeing her. She was very judgmental and unkind in dealing with me. Having had my thyroid newly removed I wasn’t aware that I would need regular blood work. She blamed me for not checking it regularly, after my levels spiked, despite the fact that she had never once given me a bloodwork requisition form. She was also very unsympathetic to family concerns of hereditary aneurysm and did not complete the requested referral despite me coming in three times and reading ALL of the literature she gave about it. I will NEVER deal with this doctor ever again.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Tsikata is a great Doctor - she is knowledgeable and professional. I find she really takes the time to listen to what I have to say. It does not surprise me that she is sometimes quite behind due to the fact that she gives patients the time they need. I have been seeing her for 5 years and she's definitely the best doctor I have ever seen. I also appreciate the fact that she isn't just trying to send me away with a prescription. She respected my decision to pass on pain meds and to focus on identifying the real issue at hand. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

This Dr. was judgmental and shaming in her approach. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I searched for a long time to find a family doctor and this one fits the bill to a "t". She calls to give me results on blood work (because I live a long away from town) and to remind me that I need to come see her. She knows that my time is valuable and respects that. Awesome Doc and I love her would recommend her to any one!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Wonderful physician. Takes the time to talk with her patients and find out what's wrong.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr was 1 hour late for my appointment. i had to take a day off work to see her. when booking appointment for my son and myself receptionist my concerns of why i needed to see doctor. she only addressed 2/5 things that i needed and told me she was unable to give me the referral i needed because there wasn't enough time for that. so even though i had waited for over an hour, had an appointment booked for my son and myself back to back (over 30 minutes of time allotted) she was in the room with us for 15 minutes TOPS and didn't have time to meet all of my concerns and told me i would have to REBOOK in. So clearly her time is much more valuable than my own and she thinks its a non issue for me to have to take another day off work to come in and see her again? I think not. I left the office in full tears. Zero bedside manner and a complete disregard for your time and feelings. Also NOT good with children, very rough and business like. I will never recommend her, nor will my family be coming back. Knowledgeable answers were lacking, had to go look up multiple things that she didn't readily know the answers to (even to simple questions). overall an awful experience i wouldn't wish on anyone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

This Doctor misdiagnosed a bacterial infection for a fungal infection. Treatment given caused irritated dry, thin skin and had to be followed up by proper treatment under care of another Dr. The second Dr. diagnosed the condition from a photo taken the day we saw Dr. Tsikata and by performing a cultural swab, which was not previously done by Tsikata. I recommend seeing another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017