Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Lam

Dr Lam is by far the best Dr I've ever met. He was kind, knowledgeable and our toddler was extremely calm during the visit. I would recommend Dr Lam without hesitation!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He's a nice guy. Usually his prognosis are right , I would come back but let's hope we don't need too

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr Lam is amazing! My daughter had very hard to treat psoriasis and he finally started her on methotrexate. She was only 10 years old. It has not returned in 4 years. I will always miss seeing Dr Lam regularly and would highly recommend him to all! Laurie and daughter Olivia

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. Joseph M. Lam is a very kind and helpful doctor. He gave me hope at one of my worst times of eczema on my face. I was in really bad condition and other doctors didn't know how to treat it but Joseph found a way to cure it. I love your work!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Lam was sensitive to my daughter's anxiety and very knowledgable. His cute magic trick helped my daughter be at ease. I was very impressed with the office staff and on-time appointment. Bravo Dr. Lam - you look like you love your work!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Very friendly. Knew exactly what was wrong and how to deal with it. Best dermatologist.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Lam is without a doubt the best dermatologist ever. He was friendly, Caring and actually knew what he was talking about and didn't just prescribe the same Cream to my child (that lost its effect a while ago) again and again. His approach at things were simple yet effective and made complete sense. Plus, His sponge bob tie can make anyone smile :)

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Lam is great with kids and he is super friendly.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Lam won over my little one with his amazing bedside manner, his genuine concern and cheery personality. He is very knowledgeable, and if he doesn't have the answer he discusses the issue with colleagues and gets back to you quickly. His staff were wonderful, and helpful. I can't say enough about what a great impression he made with our whole family. And yes, he does do magic tricks! =)

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Lam spent time with our family, explaining and even teaching. He was incredibly patient. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr. Joseph M. Lam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• McGill (Grad. 2001)
  • University of British Columbia (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2006)
  • University of California San Diego (Grad. 2007)

• Clinical Faculty Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching (2012)
  • Teacher of the Year Award, UBC Pediatrics Undergraduate Education Program (2014)

First Health