Ratings for Dr. Lynde Knowles Jonas

Great doctor but often long wait periods. She is really great at communicating with patients but it often causes her to run behind schedule.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

My reason I have been with Dr KJ for about 10 yrs, is her "personal involvement w/ your health. There can be a longer wait time to see Dr. KJ. To me time doesn't outweigh the personal attention that you get from her as a physician. She doesn't look at just medical statistics, she evaluates you medically as you're talking as well, analyzing a general sense of how you are mentally and physically. Very important for women when going through pregnancy or as in my case menopause. I have read some of the other reviews of Dr. Knowles and they seem to be a bit unfair however being a patient of hers for long as I have I do understand that she can be in demand at times and when you have an appointment and a another fellow patient is having a baby clearly understandable. Her staff-always outstanding. If I had a doc that was always available, THAT WOULD MAKE me LEERY. She is that good of a doctor, if in such demand. I recommend her highly. I'm 60, so have many doc's to use as comparison.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

First visit I had ruptured ovarian cyst, waited 1 hour in room befour she came in, didnt examine me untill I kept insisting, outcome no help.Next visit later on I came in with suspicious miscarriage, waited 3 hours to be seen then 30 minutes in room befour she came in.We talked about my situation and she told me I had a miscarriage, strange thing never did a D & C, I Later on that night went to ER, bc Dr.Knowles did nothing! A few months later I decided to have a iud put in for birth control so I did, still the waiting room time was ridiculous.After it was inserted I had terrible pains and severe bleeding for over a month, turns out Dr.knowles didn't put it in place right, so when I called to have it removed, Dr.knowles didn't wanna take it out. I have experienced nothing but bad with this doctor, and her staff is mostly family.I no longer attend this doctors office, its not professional, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

I have been going to Dr. K.J. for five years. The first time I went I was glad to see that she offered a real gown and sheet to use for cover instead of a paper jacket and paper towel to cover with. She took the time to get a baseline on me since this was my first visit with her. I felt at that time that she truly had an interest in me and still feel that way. I think when you visit an ob-gyn doctor you can expect some wait time. She is knowledgeable and helpful and takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

I WAITED FOR 1 HOUR IN THE ROOM AND COULD HEAR HER WHOLE CONVERSATION WITH THE PATIENT IN THE NEXT ROOM

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I have been a patient at this clinic for a few years. The care has always been okay. Not great. I only saw the Dr. once and she left me waiting for an hour. The nurse practitioner I've seen every time is very friendly and helpful. However, this last visit was very frustrating. I was not given all the information I needed on my initial visit when I was looking into different options for the Pill. When my pharmacy contacted them to switch it 2 weeks lager, they wouldn't explain why, wouldn't tell me why when I called, and refused to see me (for a 30 min consultation only) unless I paid another $60 co-pay. (FYI, my primary care physician would not do this.) Instead they told me to go to my nearest clinic. If I were not moving and needing to find a new dr., I still wouldn't go back. This Dr. is clearly more concerned with running her practice for $$$ than providing a decent service to her patients.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

In the five years I have been a patient of Dr. K-J's I've had no doubts whatsoever that my care was in good hands. I have recomended her to my children, sisters, mother, co-workers, and friends, many of whom have also become long-term patients with nothing but praise for her and her staff.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

During an annual pap it was found that I had an enlarged uterus. The doctor asked if there were any pain associated with this problem I said no. She asked about my periods and I said they were heavy. She said that this was a problem. She gave me a pamphlet about a procedure. Weeks later I found out that because I answered her questions I had an additional charge of $255 for an office visit because we discussed my "problem". When trying to get this charge cleared up, Susan told me I was so interested in this procedure and that they even called my insurance company. Funny thing is that if this really happened no one told me the outcome of this conversation. Susan was even more helpful when she said that if I only wanted to be charged for a pap that I should not mention any other health problems during my pap. So I hope the doctor also knows not to ask me any questions since that is how I got this charge to begin with. Also no breast exam was done by the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Went to Dr. Knowles Jonas for post op surgery treatment. My appt was at 3:00. It was 7:00 before she came in to see me. Everyone had went home for the day except for her and one nurse. She never offered me an apology or a reason for why I had to wait 4 hours to see her. I was in tears not to mention in pain from the surgery by the time she saw me. Also I had made several attempts to contact her by phone. The office staff just so happened to have not passed any of my messages along.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010