Ratings for Dr. Rami I. Calis

When I met Dr. Calis, I was in terrible pain and couldn't put my heel down to walk. I'd been misdiagnosed, made ill by drugs, told that I'd need a painful surgery, and even dismissed as "too difficult". Dr. Calis instantly and correctly diagnosed me, and has supported every stage of my recovery. He's very patient, thorough, kind, humorous, and intelligent. He has saved me from a crippling injury without surgery and/or drugs. He never gives up. I don't know how I got so lucky.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

We had a great experience when we went to see Dr. Calis for my daughter's broken foot. He was very sensitive to her feelings. Dr. Calis was very thorough with the examination and took the time to explain to my daughter what she needs to do to ensure she heals quickly and properly. I appreciated his time and the special care he showed to my daughter.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Negative experience. Tons of back and forth with front desk that did not seem to run smoothly. Do not understand why I need a referral from a primary care physician when I have been dealing with/treated by a doctor in another state for this issue. They didn't coordinate well with other staff members to take care of the insurance coverage. One unfriendly customer service conversation over the phone offset by two staff who were friendly and professional. PHYSICIAN himself was below par in beside manner. Honestly he did not seem like he cared enough to get the issue resolved. This is a big deal for me it's my foot. After over an hour in the waiting room I was given a short vague answer with zero solutions and told by the physician "I'll be out of the country for a few weeks so... we'll take care of it when I am back." Really? With ME doing all the work to schedule, deal with paperwork, get a new primary care physician all while my insurance is about to be cut off by my 26th birthday. So not happy. Expected so much more from an Emory care facility. Won't be back and won't refer friends.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Went to this doctor many MANY times over a ~9 month period for some warts. He was always running VERY late (like, over an hour), and because he was unable to fix the problem, I kept on having to come back. I have since moved and gone to another doctor who has fixed my warts with two visits. Strongly recommend you go to a different podiatrist than him.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

HORRIBLE bedside manner. Would never ever visit again. At exactly 20 weeks pregnant, I had an appointment with him to try to get relief from an uncomfortable ingrown toenail. After sititng for almost an hour in the waiting room, I was taken back into an office where he told me that if I had to have the procedure to cut out the toenail, I was at risk of losing my baby. He then proceeded to tell me that if I didn't do anything about the ingrown toenail, I could still lose my baby. After telling a hormonal, pregnant first time mom-to-be that basically no matter what I did, I might lose my baby, he then said "if you end up needing to have the procedure done and you do lose the baby, of course I am sorry." Maybe he was covering his bases for a worst-case-scenario situation, but the way he presented this information was not only insensitive, but terrifying to hear the words "you may lose your baby." Needless to say, I left his office in tears and had to take the rest of the day off work because I was so upset. I talked to my OBGYN who advised that I see another doctor, since plenty of pregnant women deal with much worse without any harm done to their babies. Unless you just like being given the worst case scenario as your only option, I would suggest seeing a different doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Very rude uncaring person. Seemed very scattered & sloppy. Moving on...

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Not a good guy. Would not even enter the exam room to talk to me. Sent his financial person to tell me he was concerned the insurance company would not fully pay him since I had seen another doctor out of state over the xmas holiday. Told me he would only treat me if I agreed to pay cash! Not very compassionate since my foot was fractured. Go to Resurgens instead. Resurgens was very supportive.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Dr. Rami I. Calis's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)