Ratings for Dr. Richard Deworsop

Dr Deworsop is indeed very ill, so there will be no law suits. The staff was around to help until you could find another dr. I found him very concerned and knowledgeable. He helped me sometimes for below cost because he knew my husband was out of work. He met me at the hospital when he didn't have to and stuck up for me. The wait was always long but the doctor was great and I don't think I'll ever find another like him. I pray he gets better because he's really ill. So take your law suit and shove it.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

OUT OF NOWHERE THE DR RETIRES, LEAVING ME WITHOUT MY MEDICATIONS. IF INDEED HE FELL ILL, THATS OK. BUT YOU CANNOT JUST RETIRE AND LEAVE PATIENTS HANGING OUT OF THE BLUE. THIS IS ILLEGAL. JOIN ME PLEASE IN A POSSIBLE LAWSUIT IF YOU WERE A PATIENT. WE HAVE TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH FIRST, THEN MOVE ON. THE OFFICE STAFF WERE SECRETIVE. HE MIGHT HAVE EVEN BEEN ARRESTED, WHO KNOWS. WE MUST FIND OUT. IF HE LEFT YOU HANGING WITHOUT MEDS, PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW AND SAY YOU ARE IN ON A POSSIBLE LAWSUIT IF INDEED ITS WRONG DOING ON HIS PART.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

After being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder over 25 years ago, explaining that the meds I was currently taking finally kept me stable and from having episodes for over 7 years, he kept insisting to change my meds. Not only did I wait close to 2 hours for each visit, I thought his staff impatient with patient questions as well. He laughed when I explained that increase in serotonin levels affected my Crohns disease and on my 2nd visit added another medication, which immediately affected my Crohns. I visited my Gastroenterologist and he agreed it was the new med. Dr. Deworsop however, insisted I stay on it and he removed 1 of my other meds I had been taking. This threw me into severe episodes of mania, crashing into depression, no sleep, and severely affected my Crohns. When calling the office again, a recording told me he was not available for the next 2 weeks. I went back on the combination of meds I was on before I started seeing him, was stable within 2 weeks, and found a new psychiatrist. (Who listens, trusts that I know my symptoms and 'myself' and has agreed that the meds I am on seem to be working well for me). The change in meds set me back to the severe episodes I lived with for over 15 years before I started my current meds but he did not like the meds I was taking even though I kept telling him even my family tells me I'm the healthiest they've seen me. Very frustrating when a doctor does not listen and insults your intelligence.....and that's how I felt. Because he did not listen, I suffered severely.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I would Not recommand this Doctor to anyone! My Mother, My Self and recently My Daughter has had him for a doctor and he was of No help, Nor did he really care! Sad, But true!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Was excellent when initially began practicing in Toms River in The Commons Medical Complex. When he moved to his present location & began contracting with School districts, hired a Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist his practice began plummeting. Receptionists & staff very unprofessional, he ran at least an hour late, office filled with obviously very ill children, time with him always cut short, never discussed issues I needed to talk about & medicated in areas of medicine that were not his specialty. He is very intelligent, well trained, caring but got lost along the way to what should have been a stellar career. Unfortunately happens with Physicians all too often.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Please, if you are looking for a good doctor for mental health stay as far away as possible from this man. I've been to several doctors in my time and he didn't care about me or my health what so ever. More importantly he prescribed medication that I should not have taking for my case. I did my research and realized I needed to leave him and I did. Best decision I ever made. Don't give up on your search. You can find a good doctor and a caring one for that matter. I can't insist more than I have to not go to this doctor. Condescending, pawn to drug reps,doesn't listen to you and just plain egomaniacal.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Never is genuinely interested in the care of his patients, wait time was over an hour, and over medicated me to the point where I was sleeping about 19 hours of my day and I had gained 55 pounds. I was in a zombie like state for the time I had went to him and later found out he was giving me medications that doctors have been known not to give because of the side effects. Since I was a minor at the time he told my parents he thought that I had about 7 different disorders and that I was basically incapable of being a productive member of society. Now I am about to graduate college, and holding a full time job with no medication. This man doesn't deserve a license.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

Dr Deworsop is a good doctor. After many years of being with him. He is a decent person as well as helpful doctor. I would recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Sorry to say I was not very fond of Mr.Deworsop. While the staff was very kind and I'm sure he's good for others, he didn't get my approval. He insisted in giving me prozac despite telling him several times I have taken them before with terrible results. I also made it clear that I wanted help but I was against any SSRI's or MAOI's. While he seemed very knowledgeable and kind, he would not work with my wants and almost seemed snippy about. To say the least within two appointments I didn't go back. I am now looking for a psychiatrist who will work with me not force things on me.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

The reason for the low score on staff is the ability to get through to the office. I just called, phone clicked, it was dead for a few seconds, music started and finally a voice said they were in the office but to leave a message. It seems to me that a pyschiatric office should have a better set up for someone who has mental health issues. I am waiting for a call back, it has been over an hour. Once you go into the office staff are always cordial and helpful. There is usually a wait. Dr DeWorsop is helpful, pleasant, somewhat dry, but always knowledgable about medications for depression. This is not the first time I have had phone issues with the office and I have mentioned it to the office personnel pervious to this experience.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Richard Deworsop's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1986)

Providence