You may also like

Rate Dr. D.T. Ford

Dr. D.T. Ford's Ratings

Dr Ford, what more then amazing can i say? He is extremely knowledgeable and very professional. His bed side manner has been better then I ever expected. I was referred by my GP to dr ford. I was so nervous about having a breast reduction, but being in the hands of this man, I'm wondering why I didn't do this year's ago. My breasts looks amazing and my nipples are the perfect size as well. I experienced very little discomfort, my left breast is still larger and swollen, but it was a lot bigger to begin with. Other then that things are looking perfect ! The home care I was provided with was amazing as well. Another great thing about Dr ford is his secretary Catherine she is so kind and easy to talk too. She called me before to make sure I was ok, or anything else I may want to go over with Dr ford before my surgery. She also called me after my surgery to make sure I was okay or had any concerns.

I read so many reviews and base most of my decisions based on the feed back. I give Dr Ford a 10/ 10. Simply amazing! !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I've noticed there's been enough material on certain docs on review boards over and over again whether it be positve or negative but it amazes me that someone like Dr Ford doesn't get enough recognition for his artistry , his skills, or for his wonderful, and kind interaction with his patients. I have always read others reviews but felt it's time to give credit where credit is due, the man saved my wedding.

Unfortunate I had to find my way to his office to due another's PS hack job. That year I was scheduled to have my wedding which was already planned, scheduled and paid for. I also wanted to look my best for that day , and had always secretly wanted rhinoplasty. Being it was a couple months before my wedding, I went nuts and decided I needed to get it right away, because wedding photos could never change. I went to a couple of places, including Dr Ford who all told me the same thing, that it wasn't enough time to heal before the wedding and I should wait. Now this shouldve ended it but I had one more appointment left and wouldn't you know it, this would be the one greedy, destroyer of lives a-hole who said he had an opening and could perform the surgery right away.

Never did it occur to me that a great, Ethical, busy surgeon would have an opening immediately, especially for a more serious type of procedure, I just wanted it done, my wedding was fast approaching.

To summarize, I ended up with with a nose that was twice its size and crooked. I had a pretty nice nose to begin with (but I wanted it tweaked, to look perfect) for that special day. It was so bad, it did not even resemble my past nose at all, oh I had also decided to do a blepth as well to open up my eyes. I looked like a freak. I had never felt such fear in my life , I would never look like me again, my wedding was completely paid for, at this rate , there was no way I could even dream I would look even 50% normal by then.

I went to a couple docs and pleaded my situation, I looked like I walked out of a bad plastic surgery commercial, now imagine a doc wanting to fix someone else's mistakes, and even crazier within a month and a half later. You all know your PS will tell u to wait a year before they will proceed with revisions. No one would touch me with a ten ft pole. I don't know what I would've done if Dr Ford and his kind heart didn't step in. If I could only really convey how kind he is. There is no surgeon that would've dared to operate because they want to cover their asses legally but he knew he could fix me and wanted to help. It was not about money. I really looked very disfigured. But everyone else didn't want to take me on, it was just too hard a surgery , not just nose but eyes too and not enough time. Both looked nothing like the old me. His skill and attention to detail is unmatched, I am thankful to this man for everything. It's crazy, he's so good and so likeable. I would never post in review boards because I am shy but he deserves recognition as being one of the top docs in Toronto. If you need a revision , go see him and you will know every word I've written is true.
Also forgot to mention, he took one look at my eyes and said I had pytosis, that's why the blepth failed on me, I had the wrong procedure done to my eyes, no other doc even mentioned that ever! That's why I always wondered why my eyes didn't seem to open wide anymore. Most docs don't know how to pinpoint/diagnose what is needed, they just go along with whatever you think you want , I probably would've just asked for another blepth to correct the last one instead of getting the right procedure the first time if I had been properly evaluated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2670978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

I was recommended to Dr. Ford for a breast reduction in 2009 by a friend who had recently had the same procedure done. I had a consultation soon after and elected to wait until the next summer (I was in university, away from home) to have the procedure done. I would add a disclaimer that I was a very good candidate for the surgery with thick breast tissue. Dr. Ford was very up front about potential risks, scars and damage that could happen. He also told me that the surgery would not be worth having done without a side liposuction (my breasts started under my arm pit and were very large around).
After the surgery was completed I couldn't believe the amazing work he had done. One, if you are thinking about a breast reduction Dr. Ford is your guy. He is so precise and well mannered. He really knows how to create a shape that fits with your body. The one thing I was warned about was to ask to go a bit smaller than you would ideally like. I would say that this is necessary, as I still have large breasts. The scar is so minor and seamless, and now years later is hardly traceable. My nipple size is perfect and I have regained feeling in both nipples. I had zero bruising on my body after the surgery, it was absolutely incredible. To this day they look perfect.
I would note that the home care I had was spotty. I went days without having someone come and see me, and at that point my body had begun to heal around the drains. These were extremely painful to remove even though I took extreme care in cleaning them.
If you are even thinking about having a reduction completed, go and see Ford. You are in the best hands with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Take a good book with you, especially if you have an afternoon appointment, but it's worth the wait. Be calm, he won't rush his patients, which is a good thing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I have chosen Excellent ratings because my doctor is very picky with his referrals. However, I won't ever know how I'd rate him because I cannot afford $3,000 to $5,000 to have saggy skin removed from my inner thighs after weight loss. It's unfortunate for me that I lost weight to get myself of gastric acid reflux and cholesterol meds. Plus it was much better for my heart, and maybe I might not get diabetes if my waistline was within normal size limits. Now I have to put weight on to fill in the saggy skin and probably endup with meds again. I wish there was a doctor somewhere that could do compassionate surgery for me. I remain depressed.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I underwent facelift surgery with Dr Ford several months ago. He was very detailed in his care both before and after surgery. The staff in his office were professional and accommodating. I have gained further confidence with my cleaner, refreshed appearance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I am currently in the process of breast/nipple reconstruction with Dr. Derek Ford. This has been a lengthy process, but as I am now truly seeing the results I wanted, I am very happy. Dr. Ford is very caring, gentle, and is very knowlegeable. I feel very comfortable in his care, and will recommend him to anyone looking for plastic surgery; whether it be elective or not. Top notch, professional care. And handsome to boot! :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

He received nothing more than counsel from CPSO for what you are about to read. After 15 months of reporting excruciating pain post augmentation, he finally diagnosed a tight pocket on my right side. Get this, implant's with a sandpaper like surface under the muscle, grating and causing more damage every time I moved and he won't help. After being rude and belittling me for over a year, he finally diagnosed it then have me me to pay to fix it. Next, my abdoplasty. I had a life threatening complication requiring emergency surgery, 3 units of blood and I was off work for 4+ months. The resulting scar was 2"x3" and looked like a third degree burn. Did he fix it? No!!! He terminated my care after I complained to him about my care and his and his staffs demeanor towards me. Not too mention the run around I was getting I demanded my notes and was shocked too see most were dictated after my care was terminated, his OR report dictated 10 months post-op, and most were lies. He actually falsified my notes and altered my consent to cover up for the fact he failed to do the lipo that was on my consent. The CPSO didn't seem too care. Despite providing the documentation, they just covered it up. I have paid well over $27K too fix his mess. He has a separate, single rating on here, you will need to google it, with similar concerns from another patient. He will continue to do this kind of thing and get away with it unless his behaviour is reported to the CPSO every time he does it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2519746].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

From the very beginning to the end of breast reduction procedure, Dr. Ford and his staff were incredible. Dr. Ford is a very professional and soft spoken man who's work is as close to perfection as it gets. Very little scarring and I am only 4 weeks after surgery and both breasts appear to be very even in size. I can't thank Dr. Ford and his staff enough for making this such a positive experience in all aspects. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Ford to anyone who asks me about the procedure or indicates an interest in plastic surgery. Why settle for less when you can have the best and that is Dr. Ford!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Excellent experience and results following eyelid and facelift procedures. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485896].votes_count ]]