Ratings for Dr. Helen T. Shin

She does not have compassions for a child and she has a bad bedside manner. I have an 8 month daughter with an atopic dermatitis. As soon as she saw her, she used a condescending tone on me saying this is the worst it can get and why I haven't kept using steroids on her. I already tried two steroids but nothing worked, so I told her I am against using it. Then, she coldly told me not to come back. I believe that the choices made for their children are totally up to parents. Pediatric doctors should respect parent's decision even if opinions might differ, not being offended when parents would not like to follow their decisions. That's why I would not only come back to her, but would like to warn others who expect to see a "special" pediatric dermatologist, because she simply is not that doctor.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I would highly recommend dr. Shin. Over my daughter's young life, we visited at least a dozen's different demotologist and allergist. We found her based on other dr's recommendation. Among my visits, once We showed up a week early, dr. Shin happened to be in the office but was not her working day. She was kind enough to see us. We were very lucky. Thanks dr. Shin.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I brought my daughter in for her eczema and now with Dr. Shin's help, she is doing great. My daughter is usually terrified at doctor's offices and the entire staff made it a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Helen Shin. She is thorough, intelligent, and she has an amazing reputation. She accommodated me when my son had an emergency, and he was able to get in to see her immediately. The staff was also very pleasant and professional. Thank you Dr. Shin!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Shin and her staff were wonderful. We had an excellent experience at her office.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

We went to see Dr. Shin because she is the only pediatric dermatologist in the whole state of NJ apparently. I wish we'd just made the trip into NYC. My daughter's skin was broken and bleeding but we couldn't get an appt with her for THREE months. I begged for an earlier appt or to get on a wait list, but no such luck. By the time we saw her the problem had resolved. The second time, the pediatrician suspected a yeast infection (this was after a course of antibiotics). She said it was a viral infection and swabbed it but didn't even culture it for fungus. Her own nurse who was filling out the paperwork right there said "fungus?" And Dr. Shin said "no, don't test it for fungus." I told the pediatrician and she cultured it herself and found that it was indeed a yeast infection.

Submitted July 21, 2011