Ratings for Dr. Peter Lefevre

This man is a bombastic cretin, he couldn't care less about your problems. He is soooo superior, it's his way or the highway! He is absolutely in the wrong job

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

This particular psychiatrist was once my trainer, I have no words to describe, how polarized he could be based on others comments and could make the progress of some trainees to a complete stall. I experienced this and the damage that he did took a few years for me to regain my confidence. Anyway I have no words to describe what I went through. I guess all depends on ones personality and fairness.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I wanted a different psychiatrist. I felt awful after being forced to have to speak to him. I haven't often self harmed but I did after he had me in tears. His unhelpful, comments left me feeling awful, to the point I wanted to hang myself and that's not like me. He misdiagnosed me and didn't listen to me. I'm not sure but I think he might have indirectly or not been responsible for a couple of deaths. EEEK

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

It amazes and frightens me quite how these doctors are allowed to carry on with impunity. I started my life as a high achiever with great prospects and potential. Unfortunately, a misdiagnosed verbally by Dr LeFevre led to me being sectioned, and then stuck on that merry-go-round for years. My most fruitful years were lost to passive-aggressive healthcare workers, indifferent doctors and paralysing medication, while Dr LeFevre gets to bask in status and money, literally mining my existence for his power and livelihood. I managed to get back on my feet by leaving the country altogether, and am now leading a fruitful life again. Think where I might be if they hadn't stolen all my best year. Psychiatry is a crime against humanity.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I miss him and his care, the only psychiatrist who listened and worked with me ever.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

A very clever Pysch Doc, caring and listening, lot's of good ideas and suggestions on my road to recovery - more than just prescribing meds, a nice man and a caring Doctor who wants to help me get better. Donald

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Did not feel that he listened or asked relevant question to all aspects of how I felt, skipped huge parts of my moods. He was 20 minutes late to my appointment that should have been 60-90 minutes was less than a half hour, how does he manage to make a diagnosis on such little information.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

I am not a patient, but have seen this doctor's conduct as an ex staff member at the hospital he works. I have no personnel grudge with him though have to tell that he is condescending and particularly rude, unfair and hard on selected staff members. His decision is the final, no fair negotiation is unlikely. This is no professionalism and may depict a deficit in his personality. Looking at what I have seen in my eyes I wouldn’t be surprised that some patients whom he doesn’t like could also be subjected to as such. After all clients are a vulnerable lot aren’t they? They need a lot of containment love and care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

I like this doctor. He is certainly the best psychiatrist I've ever had. He's attentive, he listens, he cares about his patients. He works hard to find tbe right combinations of meds for each person. If you don't agree with what he says or suggests I find he's prepared to listen to what you think and take that into account. He's treated both myself and for a short period my son and we both rated him highly. He's let me try almost every med in the book patiently awaiting my feedback! He's agreed to try things he didn't really think would work and he's never smart if he's right! People don't like being Sectioned and after an event like that he has to work hard to regain confidence. He's prepared to do that. Sadly in psychiatry you will always get people who commit suicide - it's in the nature of the job. There is nothing anyone can do if a person is determined to end their life. A psychiatrist can't panic every time a patient says they feel suicidal. You can't Section everyone forever.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

This so called Doctor is not only clinically useless but also arrogant and condescending to his patients and other staff. In a fatal accident inquiry he was found to have ignored a senior occupational therapist's opinion and that of the the patients was 'the person they most expected to self-destruct'. The patient subsequently committed suicide. He is currently under a complaints proceedure for his arrogance and unprofessional behaviour towards another patient. Use your rights - transfer to another good psychiatrist (there are many at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital), and avoid Dr LeFevre at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010