Ratings for Dr. Alan L. Silverstein

I have been a patient in Dr. Silverstein's office for many years and have been treated for a number of dental procedures including root canal, crowns and general dentistry. He and his staff are great and provide a very friendly and comfortable environment. My whole family, including my mother and children, go to him also. So happy to have a dentist I trust to explain everything to me so I know exactly what to expect. He's a great dentist!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Silverstein and his office staff are wonderful! I never have to wait more than ten minutes, Kim (the hygienist) is so gentle I don’t dread having my teeth cleaned anymore (I’ve been to other offices where I’m squirming in pain the whole time). They are also great on following up and checking in after I’ve had any work done. My husband and daughter are both patients at the office as well. I would never go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Staff was very accommodating giving me an appointment to work with my busy schedule. They took me right on time. I used to have anxiety problems when I went to the dentist. Dr. Silverstein and his hygienist make me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

I inherited Dr. Silverstein when he took over the practice from Dr. Dornfield who I absolutely loved. Dr. Silverstein had big shoes to fill. Dr. Silverstein has turned out to be personable, cares about his patients, and works with me when I have dental issues. In fact, I have both his office and personal email addresses and use only when necessary. He is also approachable and available. His office staff is also very professional. In fact, I moved away from his office and now travel one hour each way just to continue going to him. I have been with this office almost 30 years and with Dr. Silverstein over 15 of those years. Besides my regularly scheduled six-month cleanings with the hygienist and the check-ups with the doctor, I've also had him do several bonded fillings and two crowns. Kim, the hygienist is great. She takes care when working my teeth. She is also very personable and talks to you as a friend. The front desk staff is always welcoming and professional.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

My husband and I inherited Dr. Silverstein when Dr Dornfeld left his practice. He is very kind and gentle, but I feel he lacks true skill. Example: He told me he could do my root canal. After two excrutiating sessions which were not fruitful, he gave me the name of a specialist because I demanded it. The specialist found the canals within about 15 minutes. Example 2: When attempting to remove my husband's 3-tooth bridge, he accidentally pulled out the back tooth! Oops! That's an extraction of a perfectly healthy tooth without novocaine. I've had bridgework in my mouth since 15; numerous bridges, etc and I have never had problems with dentists using the special removal tool. We waited too long to switch because he was so kind...but that's not an acceptable substitute for good dental workmanship.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Great doctor, always makes me feel comfortable, explains what he is doing and is very gentle! Would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

very helpful, answered my questions, office cheery and bright, recommend this Dr

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010