Ratings for Dr. Larry I. Lipshultz

Developed prostate cancer while being treated for hypogonadism

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

My wife & I were both patients - frankly, I wouldn't recommend him - lacks common sense when dealing with his patients - did not approve of, and was uncomfortable how my wife was treated - does not communicate info to the patient

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Extremely thorough and knowledgeable; staff was caring and attentive.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr Lipsultz and his staff were very knowledgeable and informative. He had a CT scan done during initial visit to rule out kidney stones. There is no substitute for knowledge and experience. I will be seeing Dry Lipshultz for my future health care needs.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

*****Please avoid going to this Doctor, he may be a good Doctor but his Staffs, specially nurse and front office staffs are the worse ever seen. If you need to go to this doctor for any reason prepare to stay there for a very long time, horrible experience*****

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

It took a while to schedule an appointment. Dr. hasn't explained the plan of care. Just ordered various tests. It took about 3 weeks for me to see results through "my chart". There were abnormal lab results and a new Dx - and NOONE even called me to inform me of finding and future plan of care! Terrible patient care/ follow up!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I see Dr Lipshultz for andrology as he is the top guy in the southern US for testosterone replacement therapy and the top infertility urologist in the world in many physicians opinion. The wait time is brutal but once you realize he has to see 80 patients you can understand why. You first see 1 of 2 post doctorate fellows that study under Dr L (not an intern) these are urologists not residents let alone an intern (1st year resident). Secondly Dr Lipshultz knew every detail about me from the first dr that I saw. His diagnosis was right on the money about why I have been so runned down. I needed an ultrasound and Dr L got me into his techologist Thomas who was courtious, knowlegable and great bedside manor. I had in two hours what other drs could not diagnose in months of tests and delays. If you can handle the wait its worth the correct diagnosis the first time around. I recommend this man to anyone with a urolologic problem. Thanks Dr Lipshultz

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Everytime I go, I wait almost 2 hours, and then I get seen by 2 interns who just ask stupid questions, then Dr. Lipshultz comes in, has no clue what I had done with him last time, doesnt take the time to read my chart before the visit, and is in and out in less than 5 minutes! patients in his eyes are just dollar signs, no bedside manner, no nothing, save your time, and money and go somewhere else, he is a complete idiot!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Don't go here unles you have time to waste. Each of my appointments were late by 45 minutes. They do not respect your time. I had to ask questions in order to make the appointment last longer than 5 minutes. BE WARNED!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

The waiting time was more, to don't give any respect to patients. He just spend 5 minutes with us. But the waiting time was 2 hours. It was so disgusting.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Larry I. Lipshultz's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)