Ratings for Dr. Marvin Sponaugle

This is a serious warning to anyone considering coming here. You will be out tens of thousands of dollars at minimum, and become much worst then when you came in. I would say 99% of his patients DO NOT get better. They are all on percocet and xanax so they all tell you they feel better while they're there. If you tell them you do not want to take those drugs because they are addictive, they will tell you not to worry because the doctor is a "detox" expert. This is just their way of making people addicts and having them stay for months and months. They will only feel better while they are getting treated but that is because of their new addictions. Does not tell you what is in the IV bags. It could be saline for all anyone knows. Tells everyone they have mole, lyme, and brain infections without any medically accepted tests showing so. Says he is the brain expert and only he knows that it is a brain infection even though he is not even a neurologist. A young beautiful 18 year old girl died while getting treatment from him for 7 months +. At 5k a week you can only imagine how much that poor family spent only to have her die due to negligence of this monster doctor. Run away! Save your money and your family member's life!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

He's interested in how much money he can make from you and nothing else. Majority of his patients do not get better. Some might by way of placebo. Pumps his patients full of narcotics so they become dependent on his "treatment". Has his staff delete negative reviews and write fake ones.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Describes exact identical experience in perfect detail: http://godtohavehope.blogspot.com/2014/01/dr-rick-sponagule-and-florida-detox-and.html?m=1 Thank you! Avoid at all cost. Will cost you everything.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

This is my 19th week of treatment at the Sponaugle Wellness Institute. I've been debilitatingly ill for more than 12 years. I was shocked to learn that I had mold and industrial toxicity as well as Lyme disease and co-infections. I wasn't expecting that! It took more than 6 months for me to decide whether to come here or not, and there were a few things that helped me to make my decision. I'm a former Oncology Nurse so I'm not an easy sell and initially I was very skeptical. And then I read about his daughter's recovery from Lyme disease and listened to Dr. Sponaugle's webinar - that really made a difference for me. PET scans don't lie and I was intrigued by his philosophy in treating this illness, the way he looks at the big picture in a way no other doctor is doing. How his treatment protocols are customized daily for each patient and help rebuild the body while treating the Lyme. The herxes I've experienced while in treatment here have been so well managed by the staff with their supportive "clean up" protocols. I've never felt so well taken care of and it's a huge relief because living in Canada means DIY Lyme and it's exhausting! I trust Doc with my life and trust is not something that comes easily for me. I belive in him and the remarkable work that he is doing. I knew he was my best shot at recovery. Not long before I came down to Tampa for treatment, I was having difficulty sorting out the finances and I felt so much discouragement and despair that I had called Dignitas in Switzerland to apply for their end of life program. I had even started to tell my friends. I had no desire to die, I simply didn't want to live a half life in a broken body anymore. I knew that this was my last chance of recovery. Thankfully it worked out and I'm doing remarkably better. For more than a decade, I've suffered with these horrific full body attacks that resemble a seizure. That one symptom ruined my life. Now I'm doing so much better, those attacks have greatly diminished and I rarely need my canes to walk! Doc has not only helped heal my body, he is giving me my life back. I am grateful. Cecile Gough, Patient Advocate, RN

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

It almost seems like he picks and chooses which patients he really wants to help. Yes he seems knowledgeable but he is incredibly rude and arrogant. So is his main staff member. I've witnessed him belittle his staff as well. We drained our life saving and now the love of my life is worse than ever with late stage Lyme. $5000 a week???? And that's NOT including the weekly blood tests, scans, colonics, supplements or your stay. We were paying $5000 a week for 1 Myers cocktail a day??? Seriously??? That's bull! Funny how they describe ppl that leave the treatment as "not wanting to co operate") we spent over $100,000 Canadian with NO results. Not only that... the Dr belittled my husband. I think if you have money to be there a year, then maybe it would work... dr seems to be nicer to ppl with money anyway. We feel scammed and taken advantage of. He had no problem taking our money but had problems with us asking questions. Couldn't ask staff either what exactly were in IV Bags... were paying $5000 a week and we can't ask what's in the IV's??? Ya that's not shady at all!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

He tells everyone that they are the worse case he's ever seen. He's money hungry (costs $5000 per week to go there) and your results are not guaranteed. This does not include supplements, colonics ($85 each), blood tests, etc. He thinks he's God.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I am a toxicologist and everyone MUST IGNORE ALL BAD REVIWES about Dr.Sponaugle. When we found out that my sister had chronic late stage Lyme disease, I called Lyme clinics around the world to find the right doctor and treatment to save my sister's life! Sponaugle Wellness Institute and Dr. Sponaugle was the only place that I knew would be able to help my sister. Dr. Sponaugle does extensive testing including PET scans to fully diagnose and treat all of his patients. He cares for every single one of his patients and takes the time to explain not only all test results but also treatments. He uses a combination of eastern and western medicines, as well as nutrition and nutritional supplementation to combat the illnesses that are reeking havoc on his patients bodies. My sister has been here for twelve weeks and is getting better. She had so many infections ravaging her body that her own immune system could not even function. Now, her immune system is working and killing like crazy! Everyone of his staff members are exceptional individuals. They all love and care for every single one of their patients, it is like a giant family at Sponaugle Wellness! I cannot say enough good things about this man and his entire staff! I would recommend him to anyone who needs help not only with Lyme disease, but any illness that other doctors have said " it is in your head" or "there is nothing we can do to help you".

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Please do t waste your time with this so called Lyme specialist he's more concerned with money than your well being , belittles patience and knows nothing about Lyme he experiments with people still using antibiotic's n 2016 not too smart , Lyme and co infections are resistant to them , wish I could go back and saved my 70,000 Us please do your research , huge womanizer and a scammer ,

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I brought my wife ten weeks ago on a wheelchair from Canada after exhausting all local options for her deteriorating condition of presumable viral encephalitis. She had slurred speech, daily seizures and total paralysis, with heavy neurological symptomatology that was outsourced to fibromyalgia, pain syndrome and all kinds of not sense making conclusions by 20 doctors we saw prior to coming here. Dr. Sponaugle and his competent staff immediately diagnosed double strand meningitis brain infection damaging the central nervous system and her right side of the brain and body.They did extensive testing, PET scan images and review of prior tests and treatments. Dr. Sponaugle was the only one to pinpoint capillary leak disorder/Clarkson disease, which is life threatening condition, and to stay with us until late daily by my wife's side to stabilize her. I can boldly testify that he combines traditional antibiotics with natural supplements using classic functional medicine approaches. After seven years of my wife deteriorating and simply dying, she is now on her way to steady improvements, no speech slurring and stuttering, no tremors on right and no seizures. Her facial paralysis is now released. We are confident that thanks to Dr Sponaugle's competence, she will continue improving and she will walk again one day. Dr. Sponaugle has been the answer to our health journey of seven years that was going steadily downhill prior to finding him and being taken care by him and his staff. All our gratitude goes to him for his exceptional compassion, competence and care. Kapka and Stan Petrov from Canada

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Avoid this doctor, who takes your money but refuses to see you.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Marvin Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rick Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological and neurological disorders.

• German

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease