Ratings for Dr. Marvin Sponaugle

This doctor is not an infectious disease specialist.... he's an anesthesiologist . I'm lucky to still be alive after his treatment. An 18 year old young girl was not so lucky. Do not trust this doctor or go to him by any means. Do not trust the positive reviews. It will be the worst mistake of your life.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Sponaugle has made his money off of taking advantage of his patients' vulnerability. He treats his staff (who are wonderful) with such disrespect he can't keep people on his team longer than a few months. His success stories are few and far between, but any sort of success is celebrated to the point of exhaustion. Do not ignore the negative reviews on sites like this. They are not unfounded.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

This place is scary and dangerous! I've never been to a place where so many patients are drugged up on who knows what. People die here. Stay away!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Total scam. Red flags all over the place. Closest comparison would be Dr. Frankenstein. They have your hand in your pocket at every turn and won't even tell you half the chemicals they put in your body.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Since 2015, I have been to countless physicians and specialists. All of them missed my illness. I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorder and here’s the kicker… mental instability. The infectious disease specialist told me my symptoms were psychosomatic and I was suffering from anxiety and panic disorder and creating symptoms in my head. I was shuffled from doctor to doctor for months taking numerous medications that did not work with no explanation as to what was causing my symptoms. Frustrated and discouraged that the only answers the medical community could give me was that I was mentally ill and I needed to be medicated for that. It didn’t feel right so I kept searching. I came to the Sponaugle Wellness Institute in November 2016 after being treated at another local clinic called LifeWorks Wellness Center which caused more harm to my body than healing. They did not do weekly labs to make sure my body was detoxing properly and I spent my first 8 weeks of treatment there without seeing a single test result. No other doctors or clinics I visited were able to understand the brain the way Dr. Sponaugle does. He also was able to diagnose me with a heart condition called WPW that other cardiologists and Lyme specialists missed. I was sent into severe tachycardia while being treated at LifeWorks and was given zero guidance on what was happening to me. The Sponaugle Wellness Institute is extremely on top of every aspect of patient care. Dr. Sponaugle's comprehensive testing was able to give me answers to my health problems that no other clinic was able to. He was able to figure out that the infection had spread to my brain and was causing all of my neurological problems as well as figuring out where my cardiac problems were coming from. I am so grateful I found Dr. Sponaugle when I did because I was becoming so ill and was losing hope. Dr. Sponaugle's expertise in brain research has led him to develop an unparalleled detoxification program to help alleviate symptoms related to chronic lyme disease, mold toxicty and industrial toxicity. This is the best I've felt since getting sick. Having the knowledge I now do, I am prepared to keep moving forward in the healing process and gain my life back. Dr. Sponaugle and his staff are truly kind and caring and SWI has become like a family to me. I am so blessed to have found this place of healing and I am forever grateful for the time I have spent there. I would encourage anyone who is suffering from a chronic illness to trust Dr. Sponaugle with their care and give SWI a chance. It has changed my life.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

This doctor is not a Lyme specialist and every review about this scamming doctor is accurate . The least he could do is be nice even tho he's stealing people's lives. Firsthand experience out 80,000 US God will take care of that scumbag . Keep driving your Range Rover and belittle people that are sick very sad sad . That's why there's 50 cameras in the clinic . If your young with a nice but and a Nice chest grab it . Watch it. Lol 😂

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Prior to becoming a patient of Dr. Sponaugle, the past 2+ yrs of my life were spent in misery. My health issues had become so severe that I had no choice but to resign from my jobs as a freelance writer & county chief appraiser. I'd lost so much neurological function. The memory loss was terrible, & my cognitive abilities had steadily declined. Physically, my days were filled with constant joint & head pain. Now, as I begin my 5th week of treatment with Dr. Sponaugle, he has already helped me regain so much of my health, and my life. For the first time in years, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. Doc & his medical staff are world class. I'm very thankful & I highly recommend Dr. Sponaugle to anyone who may be suffering from similar issues.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

This man is sick. Every bad review has already covered every one of my complaints about him. He is an egotistic, money seeking man who should have his license revoked immediately. There are already several lawsuits opened against him (for the same reasons) & if he overcomes them I can assure you it's because of his grossly acquired income from desperate patients. AVOID THIS CLINIC AND DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS!!!! He should rot down below.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

He's interested in how much money he can make from you and nothing else. Majority of his patients do not get better. Some might by way of placebo. Pumps his patients full of narcotics so they become dependent on his "treatment". Has his staff delete negative reviews and write fake ones.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Describes exact identical experience in perfect detail: http://godtohavehope.blogspot.com/2014/01/dr-rick-sponagule-and-florida-detox-and.html?m=1 Thank you! Avoid at all cost. Will cost you everything.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Marvin Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rick Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological and neurological disorders.

• German

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease