Ratings for Dr. Diane J. Snyder

I feel I have to comment on an experience I had with this doctor. The first time I saw her, about 3 yrs ago, I immediately noticed she was not a warm person and did not invite feedback or information from me. Realize this is the way things are today with most doctors due to their limited time with each patient. She and I discussed a prolapse I had developed following recent surgery but she said nothing needed to be done about it. I left with a prescription for an estrogen patch. About 2 yrs ago, I went for my 2nd visit to her. She spoke for about 10 min regarding breast health and calcium intake, things I hadn't brought up. Not sure why we took up all the precious time with things I already knew. She examined me and two things happened that I found truly shocking and very unprofessional. 1. I asked her again about the prolapse and she said, "You don't have a prolapse. Go ahead, feel for yourself." I was lying down at the time and anyone with a prolapse, certainly any ob/gyn, knows that a prolapse will disappear internally when lying down. I truly wanted to just stand up and say, "Yes, there it is!" But that is not me, and I should not have had to be in that position!! She out and out tried to get over on me because she did not want to take the time, time she had used up telling me things I already knew! 2. After she examined me, I noticed some blood on her glove. I was frightened because of the recent surgery I had had. No one wants to see blood when they've had a tumor. She looked right at me and said nothing. What is that? Because of her deceptive behavior re: the prolapse as well as her cold personality, I just wanted out of there. I asked someone on the way out about the blood I saw and she said that was normal and not to worry. I do not recommend this doctor. I think she's over it and just not interested in doing this work anymore.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

My roommate and I went to Dr. Snyder for the first time for our annual exam. She is the most thorough, patient, kind, personable, intelligent OB/GYN we both have ever been to. She spent a tremendous amount of time getting to know our personal and family health history and was incredibly proactive in addressing both of our current GYN issues. I really wish that we found her years ago, but are incredibly thankful that she is now our physician. Very highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Took my teenage daughter here for a consultation with Dr. Synder. Was very impressed by her thorough explanations and respectful manner in which she connected and explained various procedures and medical options. I was very impressed by the time she took with a young patient and the care she took to make her very comfortable. She devotes part of her weekly appointment schedule just to adolescents and children so this is an area of expertise. We will definitely be back to see Dr. Synder.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Be very careful when this doctor prescribe medicine for you.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

At first I had pretty positive experiences with Dr. Snyder. She seemed to be a doctor that wouldn't pass judgement on me and I could be open with. After the first visit though she made a few remarks that made me uncomfortable. When I inquired about birth control she said that due to my sexual history she thought birth control would make me promiscuous. I was extremely offended and felt uncomfortable during the pelvic exam where she seemed shocked to find out I wasn't pregnant when I had assured her I always practice safe sex. This women is not for anyone under the age of 30 and sexually active.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Snyder for over 7 years and she is one of the best doctors I've ever had. She is caring, listens, friendly and returns calls when you have questions. Wish she still did OB services.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

This is the kind of doctor that first takes your money and charges you in advance. You are just money for her and her nurses and secretaries have the right to treat you like trash. I hope the new government will get rid of this kind of medicine.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Snyder is excellent!!! She listens to what you say, questions you completely, and gives advice to the point. She not only examines you but also questions your well-being and checks all your medications given by all doctors to make sure you are taking the correct amounts such as calcium, Vitamin D, etc. She is a credit to her profession, and I would highly recommend her services to all!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

She is an excellent doctor. careful and caring and very diligent

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

Dr. Diane J. Snyder's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD