Ratings for Dr. Sabooh Mubbashar

Absolutely the worst psychiatrists I have ever encountered. He explained to me on my first visit with him that “he gives his opinion” and that “if I didn’t like it I could tell him to go to H***” and leave, plenty of people have”. I really looked at that comment as a positive. I certainly didn’t want a doctor that wasn’t going to fully honest with me for fear of hurting my feelings. Unfortunately, Dr. Mubbashar was actually warning me of what was to come. He is an extremely rude doctor who does not like to be asked questions or explain himself when giving his opinions. He was always very short with me and was very quick to become angry several times. After about four or five visits, he told me that he had a certain medication in mind that he would like to start me on and he asked that I do some research into the medication before my next visit with him. When I looked into the medication, I found that it was from a class of antidepressants that is on the older side and has SEVERAL serious side effects that are common. These are not rare side effects, they are very common, very serious, and very concerning. When I met with Dr. Mubbashar again he asked me if I had researched this medication. When I told him that I had and voiced my concerns over the side effects, he yelled “I didn’t ask you to look up SIDE EFFECTS!”. He then proceeded to walk up and stand over me, screaming at the top of his lungs at me for about 10-15 minutes straight. I was shocked. There is absolutely no circumstance under which a medical professional of any kind should behave like an unhinged child throwing a teper tantrum. It was totally unacceptable. He then suggested that I needed to consult another doctor about and instructed me not to contact him until I had done so. Needless to say, I never met with him again.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

Dr Mubbashar has helped me in a way I cannot put words to. Very professional, direct, & caring. Diagnosed me exactly & perfectly. Very caring & helps with his heart in his work.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Mubbashar by two people, my son's social worker and through a friend. Both knew we were seeking a new psychiatrist but neither one knew each other. Dr. Mubbashar came highly recommended by both. Scheduling our first appointment was quick and easy. After meeting Dr. Mubbashar for the first time we knew he was the right doctor for my son. My son felt such a connection with him - that he knew and understood my son and my son realized himself that he was being understood which was something he really never had before. We've been seeing him a good 8 months now and been through medication changes and even an inpatient care. Dr. Mubbashar was ALWAYS in contact with us, whether through email or phone, even calling me when we were in the ER with my son. He knows his stuff, very helpful and knowledgeable. He is always on time with his appointments and we would 100% recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I was referred to DR. By my clincal psychologist who was aware of my medication intolerance and felt Dr was the person to help. My first appointment was an assessment of my problem and a prescription he thought I could tolerate. Dr personally called me the next day to check on my reaction. From that day to this day I have had many medication changes as well as DR having DNA testing to see why I have such medication intolerance. He has worked diligently with me and together we have a medication program that works well for me and made my life much better. I would , and have, recommended Dr Sabooh Mubbashar to my friend or family needing this type of care.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

My daughter has a generalized anxiety disorder. Prescription ran out and the doctor took a week to respond to a request for refill. She suffered a serious consequence, which resulted in her missing school and us having to contact her general practitioner for a week's refill while awaiting response from this doctor. His office NEVER called us back, nor did they respond for a new appointment setup. He has NO on-call. His answering machine for his office just says to call 911 or go to the hospital if this is an emergency. Horrible. This was the second time I had to contact his office, and they never responded. We are now at a different phsychiatrist in Waterbury who is extremely responsive and cares about his patients. I would not recommend his Mubbashar.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I consider myself lucky to have found him as my psychiatrist. He has helped me so much after I had lost all hope. If you are looking for a doctor who knows medication well, call him!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr. Mubbashar is new to our area. I re-scheduled an appointment and he had his secretary send me a letter of termination. I have major depressive disorder. This treatment is horrific and unprofessional. He has no human compassion. I know of 3 people that are currently looking for a new doctor, they do not like his mannerisms and feel like he does not listen or care. Please beware!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

I had a SERIOUS problem with pain medication. (perc's, oxy, vic's) Pain pills had taken control of my life and my spirit. What at first had helped me, was now desroying me. I was taking 100-160 mgms of percocet a day, and unable to stop! A local doctor told me to go thru withdrawl for 72 to 96 hours, before he would treat me. (Anyone on pills knows that this is totally unrealistic.) And I left this doctor in frustration. I then saw Dr. Mubbashar. He gave me a plan for success that was POSSIBLE! Mubbashar had a completely different philosophy and home-based treatment that is based in reality. We worked together and I have been totally sober for 13 months and 2 weeks. No pain, no horrible withdrawls. Dr. Mubbashar and his technics saved my life. I was really scared that I'd never be able to get away from those damn pills. Thank God, He brought Dr. Mubbashar into my life. My HIGHEST praise to Dr. Mubbashar as a healer, and as a man of great integrity and honesty!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009