Ratings for Dr. Thaju Salam

This guy is a slave to the drug companies. I went to the hospital with what I thought was irregular heart beats. After 2 days of testing, they told me what I had was normal. It occurs in for 90% of the people in the world, called CPS. No big deal and go home as soon as the doctor sees you. This bozo comes in and immediately starts telling me about all of the drugs he is going to put me on. When I asked him if any of them had a side effect of death, he just said, "All drugs can kill you" Don't bother.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I had visited Dr. Salam following my ER visit, which was due to chest pain and high BP. When I visited his office, I still had high BP. He had access to my EKG from Emergency room. And I had also discussed with him my cholesterol running high normally. Despite above risks, he just prescribed me BP medicine and that too suggested that I control it first with diet and exercise rather than start to take the medicine regularly. He did not do any stress testing or CT angiogram to assess my blockage. Unfortunately I went through a heart attack within 3 days of visiting him and then he did perform angioplasty. I still have episodes of anger and frustration. Also rather than prescribing Plavix (proven medicines over times), he prescribed me Effient, which had side effects of internal bleeding, which started showing up on my skin. Also to reduce my cholestral, first he put me on Lipitor but then he wanted to change it to Crestor and Niaspan, which have conflicting opinion in the medical world.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Salam is very compassionate & takes the time to explain the medical conditions as well as answer any questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Salam to anyone!! He has never seemed rushed or too busy to discuss questions...even ones that have been answered numerous times. Really helped me to help myself to start making good lifestyle choices. Excellent doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Thaju Salam's Credentials

• Romanian

• Jjm Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Davangere, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1986)