Ratings for Dr. Bernard H. Stern

I am a 20 year old girl and I used to feel very self conscious about my labia. I thought it was too big and it honestly felt so uncomfortable too. I finally asked my gynecologist about labiaplasty and told her if she could recommend some doctors. She said her last patient went to Dr. Stern and that the results were great. So I called and made an appointment for a consultation that same week. Before I went in, I looked online at some reviews and yes it's true there are some negative reviews and they REALLY scared me at first. I was even considering canceling the consultation. But I went anyway and I trusted him right away. He made me feel very comfortable and I went through with the surgery. IT's been 6 weeks now since my labiaplasty and I can honestly say that whoever writes the bad reviews about Dr. Stern have not been one if his patients. They are probably competitors, other doctors, or people out to get him for some reason. But after my surgery I can tell you that the results are perfect. He took out just the right amount... He followed up with me after the surgery twice. I texted him if I had a concern and he answered right away. The staff was so pleasant. From the girls who work at the desk, to the nurses. Everyone was just so nice and it was an environment that I felt extremely comfortable in.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I had labiaplasty done by dr. Stern. Ever since it first consultation he was great. He made me feel so comfortable like I was going to be in good hands. The day of my surgery everything went perfectly. Even his staff was so nice to me the nurse was holding my hand the whole time the doctor was trying to make me laugh before the surgery because he could tell I was nervous. Dr. Stern even gave me his personal phone number in case anything happened after the surgery. I once texted him at 10 pm asking a question about my stitches and he answered within 5 minutes told me I could come in the next morning if I want e him to take a look and I did and he saw me right away without even making an appointment. The results are even better than what I expected I would recommend him 10 times out of 10

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I do not recommend this doctor. As you can tell more negative than positive reviews. His website misleads you like he knows what he's doing but he really didn't do a good job with my procedure . He'll try to get your business by bragging he's done so many of these but what he won't tell you are the complications and the botched surgeries. He's basically run with your money after the procedure. He won't care if you have complications because you won't hear from him. You'll be your own doctor after the procedure. If you decide to consult with him you will find he can be inappropriate and weird....

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I do NOT recommend Dr Stern! I had a labioplasty and clitoral hood reduction in 2011, due to excessive labia that made me constantly itchy and physically uncomfortable because of the rubbing. I have been VERY disappointed with his work. Despite his assurances that he would take "less labia minora rather than more", he took WAY too much off so that I now have absolutely nothing left, and my clitoris is so sensitive that it is uncomfortable. There is no followup and once you are operated on you are out the door. Basically he is running an "in and out" practice where he operates on patients in Florida and then flies to DC for his other patients and then back to Florida again. It really is one big money making operation. Because I have no labia minora left, I can't even have revision surgery.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

I don't recommend this doctor.He has a misleading advertisement. He won't follow-up if God forbid you have a complication after the procedure. He was also inappropriate and creepy. He did not do a good job in my case. Not only did I have a complication but also cosmetically, he did a horrible job!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Botched Surgery. My best advice is to stay away from this doctor. The results of my labiaplasty procedure were extremely disappointing. He left me with a mangled labia which has been a source of great personal embarassment. I've had to do revision surgery at significant personal and financial expense. After a year of saving money for the surgery, this was the worst experience and outcome ever.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

I had a labiaplasty with Dr. Stern. He made me feel totally comfortable with such an embarassing issue, and the results were wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009