Ratings for Dr. Richmond SY

always feel rushed. they take long to see patient

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Sy's for almost 10 years now and I have always had a great experience with him. He listens, explains everything clearly, is thorough, humorous, and has a great bedside manner. He is very easy to talk to and makes you feel very comfortable, even during a colonoscopy! His staff are all excellent as well, especially Heather!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I have had several colonoscopies with Dr Sy and found him to be very professional, caring and easy to talk to. He has a great bedside manner . The worst part of the whole procedure for me is drinking the cleansing solution . In my books he gets top marks. Frances

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I had a colonoscopy done, and the whole thing was done in a timely manner, and professionally from support staff to medical staff. The communication was good, and each step was laid out for me, so I always knew what was going to happen next. They even had an extra blanket for me because I was cold. Going in, I was a little nervous because of the older comments on this thread, but the clinic that Dr. Sy is currently at have anaesthesiologists, so better sedatives can be used during the procedure. Dr. Rastogi, was my anaesthesiologist and explained to me that when there aren't anaesthesiologists at a clinic, doctors must rely on sedatives that are not as strong. I think this accounts for why older comments are less favourable. As far as colonoscopies go, this was a good experience, and was better than the other two times that I have had to have this procedure.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr Sy is amazing.. i have been seeing him for 6 years.. my husband for 9 years.. he knows what he is doing, he is personable, he is smart and he is dedicated. yes sometimes you have to wait, but if he is in with you and you have issues, would you want him to rush your appointment to get out to the next person, or do you want him to listen to you and take the time he needs to be with you. ... as for Carol she is amazing at her job and they are a great team. I would never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Great doctor/gastroenterologist. Very knowledgeable in his field.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Dr. Sy is extremely knowledgeable and I wouldn't hesitate to enlist his services

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I’ve been seeing Dr Sy for over 5 years and he was SO KIND, listens to your concerns and really works WITH you to find solutions you are comfortable with. His research is incredible too and although sometimes he runs late - I would recommend him a thousand times over.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr. Sy was professional, courteous and informative. It was my first ever colonoscopy and I was slightly apprehensive. Him and his staff made me feel welcome, comfortable an at ease. I am so glad my family doctor referred me here. If there is one complaint, the lady at the front desk was pretty dismissive.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Just finished my first consult with Dr. Sy, having been referred to GI for a chronic eye problem that might be related to GI disease. The nurse was very kind, took my bp amd weight and had a very nice manner. Thr med student took my history, asked a comprehensive set of questions and then reported to Dr.Sy, who then discussed my case with him in detail (I could hear them through the door). They then both came in to the room and Dr. Sy discussed my case with me, clearly outlining the reasons for my referral to GI and going over his plan to investigate my condition. He detalied who would call me for follow up procedures and where I was responsible to take further steps. He was thorough, unhurried, and gave me time to ask questions. He had a very kind manner and was professional and respectful. I'm writing this review because I'd read other reviews on this site while waiting for my appt and I was a bit apprehensive based on the negative reviews. My experience was much closer to the positive experiences posted here.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016