Ratings for Dr. M. Akot

I am so disappointed with Dr. Akot because, once again, he has taken a leave of absence without any idea of when or if he will return. I put up with this last time he did it but this time I cannot sit and wait for him to decide if he's coming back. Unfortunately I will be trying to find a new doctor because of this.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I went to see this doctor with serere pain under my arm and in my breast. He told me I had a lymph node infection, gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way, without even looking at my arm or my breast. He told me not to worry, that cancer doesn't hurt. Turns out I had breast cancer and because of his mis-diagnosis it is stage 3 cancer. I would not recommend this doctor for my dog.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Dr.Akot has been me and my familys doctor for 2 years now, we find him to be helpful, very thorough, concise, and readily available. He is always smiling and very friendly, I only have very good things to say about him ! Thanks for everything you have done for me and my family Dr. Akot !!!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Akot is following me through my 2nd pregnancy, but my first with him. I appreciate his honestly when he does not know the answer to something -but he either finds it out or he finds someone who does. He always takes a moment to small talk and has a smile on his face. He's not always punctual, but neither are we as patients. I am glad i found him as a family physician. His staff are less than to be desired if you see him for walk in, but if you have an appointemnt they treat you great.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr.akot saved my daughters life and mobility!, I and my wife had been to 4 different doctors and recieved all the same bs from them without a proper diagnosis, dr.akot IMMEDIATELY ordered blood work and tests only to find she had a rare spinal infection!, 3 months later and my daughter is running and playing like she should, Regina doctors need to get their heads out of their asses and quite profiling First Nations people!, take a note from Dr.Akot!.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Very helpful and informative, don't know why some people say he's prejudice to overweight people as I myself am overweight, helped me with what I needed and helped prescribe a better medication.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I am a new patient the first time i went to see him i asked for a referal to a different dr he did that right away he didnt even wait for my blood or physical to be done i was impressed he was right on top of things I got my tests results today there is a little problem he is very thorough and very kind and is helping me more than any other doctor in this city i appreciate his honestly and bluntness he does it for a reason he is there to help you are suppose to listen to him I cant understand how someone can complain saying that hes rude if u dont listen to what he says then why even go see a dr if u are not going to take thier advice

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr Akot is a fine doctor if you do everything that he says but if you refuse, which is your right, to take medication for a problem he drops you like a hot potato. He only wants you for a patient if you do everything he says like a robot.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

This doctor should have his license taken away, told me he wants to become a pharmacist so he can actually make money - this on the first appt. not at all concerned about helping out in a persons health care. He is also prejudiced against FAT people.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012