Ratings for Dr. Allan Burgmann

He is the most arrogant, useless, noncaring person - I can't even call him a dr. I have ever dealt with. My dad is dying from mental illness - he can't even call a family meeting to help. His assistant is almost more useless and arrogant. Why go into a this profession if you don't want to help people? move to the states if its all about the money - the hope center and this guy just leave you hoping for help.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Excellent psychiatrist, top notch! Had pleasure & privilege to work with this selfless professional.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Karma Will Come to Dr.Burgmann soon , Just as BAD as he is in his JOB ..........:( He Should NOT be working in The HOpe Centre..............:( All he cares is $$$$$$$$

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

It is these types of poisonous "so called" Dr's that should be weeded out of existence. Bergmann egregiously misdiagnosed my condition and while I why was reluctant, strong-armed and convinced me that shock therapy was "the answer" and would all but guarantee "cure and clear up" all my cognitive deficits conveniently leaving out all the risks of the highly controversial procedure. 17 bilateral grand-mal seizures later, my brain and cognition is completely fried leaving me on disability, unable to work simple tasks like hold a menial part time job and completely withdraw from my accounting studies (which I was previously getting a 3.6 GPA) BEFORE SEEING DR. Burgmann. The worst part about this guy is that he admitted he made a huge mistake in recommending the horrible electroconvulsive therapy which completely erased all of my memory permanently, yet did not have the slightest bit of remorse or apology, and basically showed me the door. There are many more horror stories where this came from. Avoid this dangerous man at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr Burgmann is very kind, understanding and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I saw Dr. Burgmann a few years ago while in A2. He was personable and always had time to chat with me. He was not quick to diagnose me and sent me for several test. I bumped into him recently and he remembered me still. Very kind man.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I had doctor burgmann for a year as I was hospitalized. He didn't seem to understand my problem and considered I had a chemical imbalance when I really needed serious counselling. At the end of my treatment, he pretty much told me I will end up dead in a year. I was so angry. I don't know if he did that to scare me, but his tactics I find are disgusting.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr. Bergman was very understanding in helping my family understand my illness. He was able to provide me and my family the care that I needed. I am doing well due to his his hard work. I initially did not believe that I was that sick. He was able to hear out my problems and helped me see that some of my judement was coloured by my symptoms.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

I couldn't disagree more with the posting suggesting that Dr. Burgmann dispenses medication without concern for the narrative of the patient's personal circumstances and situation. In fact, the very first thing he impressed upon me was the fact that medication itself was not the answer and would only "clear the room" in my brain to allow me to do the cognitive behavioural work that would be necessary for my recovery. Dr, Burgmann's sensitive and nuanced treatment literally saved my life. He knew exactly when to let me just talk my way through something until I discovered a pattern in my thinking/perception myself and when to give me a succinct nudge in the right direction. My life would not be as happy and fulfilled as it is now without this doctor's excellent care. In fact, I might not be alive at all.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

Dr. Burgman helped me through a difficult bout of depression. He made sure that I understood the necessity of taking care of myself and managing the stress in my life. Thanks to him I am back to work and enjoying my life once again.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008