Ratings for Dr. Barbara Jortner

Dr. Jortner is an excellent marriage counselor and therapist. She helped me a great deal. I will always be thankful.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I was having a hard time dealing with some stressful issues and my husband wasn't really understanding about what I was going through. I have been resentful about his lack of empathy. A friend of mine mentioned having gone to Dr. Jortner, so I am now seeing her. She is helping me handle my life's stresses (I'm finally sleeping better!) But as important, she periodically invites my husband to our sessions (with my permission, of course) so that she can help give him some insight into what I'm going through. My resentment is lessening because my husband is now more understanding. I am optimistic that Dr. Jortner is going to help me with my problems to the point where I'll no longer need a psychologist! She already has significantly helped me. I'm really grateful to her. My husband likes her, too, and jokingly says that since we're getting along better, maybe eventually we'll be like honeymooners!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I am rating her Worst in general because I personally spoke to her and try to set up an appointment for the first time and she was very uncaring how she didn't have anything available and that I should look for someone else. I felt like that was rude I am giving you business if you don't want patients and you don't want to work with them do not specify you are open for new patients. I am glad I didn't go further with her I could just imagine the kind of advice she would give me.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I love Dr. Jortner. She helped me through many issues and was able to teach me to find my inner strength to deal with situations and people in a mature and helpful way. Thank you Dr. Jortner

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr.Jortner was the first psychologist I've ever been to. My life was very stressful due to some unsavory choices I made in my youth and lack of healthy lifeskills.Unfortunately, I lost my coverage and she was not covered under new health plan. I have been to two others since, and I can honestly say that I miss her. She is a very gentle, caring and intelligent person. She listens thoroughly, gives very educated advice, and allows you to see options, where you thought there were none. Some life coaches listen to your problems in life, but do very little coaching. This is not the case with this therapists. If your looking to understand your actions and develop a better life strategy, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012