Ratings for Dr. Tammy Barrows

Dr. Barrows gave me an anesthestic last month for a big operation. To say I was nervous was an understatement! She was caring and very kind. After reviewing my medical history she discussed my options for the anesthesia and for pain control after the operation. I was terrified of having an epidural put in my back but she put my mind at ease. She reviewed the risks and complications of an epidural and listened to what my concerns were. In the end I agreed to an epidural and was so glad I had listened to her advice. I woke up from my surgery with no pain and my epidural kept me very comfortable for three days after my surgery. I also told her I had a lot of vomiting after my last surgery and she told me she would give me medication while asleep so I didn't wake up sick to my stomach. And it worked! I found her very caring. While she was doing my epidural she kept talking to me and telling me what was happening. The epidural didn't hurt going in. She was very gentle. The IV didn't hurt either! She checked up on me before her shift finished to make sure I was doing ok. If I ever need another anesthesia I will definitely ask for her!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Rude. Doesn't listen when explaining past anesthesia experience. I explained that I did not "knock-out" well. I'm just reviewing my surgical notes - picked them up today. Dr Barrows complained that I was a difficult pt with ++ demands and issues. She actually notes that when she reduced the propofol "she (me the patient) wakes up marginally and insists on more sedation". Shocker. Guess I'm a difficult pt for wanting to be properly sedated while having a hip replacement. When a pt asks for full sedation because they've experienced problems in the past, it does not make them a "++ difficult patient".

Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Barrows is always so kind to her patients. She always takes time to answer my questions. She is very gentle when doing my procedures. Her nursing staff are also fantastic!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007