Ratings for Dr. Maris Andersons

Is Dr. Andersons still practicing? I thought he had to retire because of acute pancreatitis. I was a patient of his many years ago and I'm afraid I didn't have such a good experience. I was in early recovery and found his "help" rather superficial. I had to constantly repeat information to him over again and he liked to brag about what a "ladies man" he was. The last straw was when we were talking about AA sponsorship, and I mentioned that, while not homophobic, I didn't feel comfortable at the time about having a homosexual sponsor. He then berated me for being narrow-minded and accused me of being homosexual myself. Sorry, but I don't think a doctor is supposed to talk to you like this, especially someone who's new and vulnerable in recovery...so I moved on. Thank heaven I was able to remain sober in spite of "help" like this.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

He is one of the most honest and compassionate people I have ever come across in the medical profession. Doesn't judge, just supports you with information, honesty and caring. Genuine and authentic!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I can't say enough good things about Maris. He is understanding, helpful and professional. The best GP by far that I have ever had. I am a better person for knowing him. After 19 years, my respect only grows for this man. I wish all doctors took a page from his book. I am grateful he accepted me as a patient.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Knowledgeable medical Doctor personable and kind.He is committed to his patients.He is up to date educationally and if he doesn't know he has a string of the best specialists available.You would like to have him as a friend

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Andersons was there for me during a really hard time in my life. He continues to be there, and he is an asset to my recovery. He is very kind, and seems to really care for each of his patients. He is always smiling, and always has something very thoughtful to add to any conversation. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough to say to tell him how much I appreciate him. I hope he don'ts retire anytime soon, I don't know what I'll do without his guidance!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

After many years, Dr. Andersons remains extremely competent, thorough, and caring. Very glad I was accepted as his patient.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Wonderful manner and a caring person, always has time for you.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

Very personable,knowledgable doctor with the unique ability to make you feel better when you.leave than when you came in!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Andersons is a very professional and knowledgeable personable physician. He is an excellent family physician and also specializes in addiction medicine.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009