Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Craighead

Dr. Craighead has done knee replacements for both my knees this year. I have been seeing him for a few years after having been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis. In the beginning I didn't feel surgery was my best option and discussed this with him. Opted to do SynVisc injections but when they stopped working I knew it was time for replacements. Dr. Craighead advised me over the years of the options and let me make the final decision. He and his staff are absolutely great during surgery, hospital care, office appointments, everything. I can't praise him high enough for his kindness and abilities. I will recommend him to anyone that needs orthopedic surgery.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Two years ago I had an ACL MCL meniscus injury. He was supposed to fix everything. Now with knee issues I've gone to three other doctors and they all say He did not do surgery correctly. So now I have to have my ACL fixed by a competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Best orthopedic surgeon. Had no problems with hip replacement surgery, great staff. Kept us well informed very short recovery time. Highly recommend Dr. Craighead. Great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Did not take my complaint seriously, did not do thorough exam of problem area, rude, dismissive attitude, offered drugs and analgesic balm but refused surgery,insisted on x rays of wrong area. Had to go see another doctor who removed a 'nodule' Craighead refused to pay attention to.Acted as tho I was just wasting his time or trying to get unnecessary surgery . Very frustrating experience, especially since he was recommended to me by another doctor!! Suggest you avoid him if you want to be treated with respect and dignity. My problem was real and proven so by another physcian....nodule currently being biopsied!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Jonathan M. Craighead's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

• BCBS Illinois