Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Schenk

This man should not be calling himself a medical doctor. I f you are ill you will have a two week wait to see him and then he almost always will refer you someone more and better qualified. He is nothing more than a gatekeeper and I would not trust him to make any medical diagnosis. His wife is the office manager and a great part of a poorly run practice.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Dr. Schenk is top notch, he has provided excellent care for many years. He diagnosed my cancer in the early stage and his staff was great at coordinating specialist appointments. His follow up has been stellar.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Great at first, then you become a dollar sign versus a patient with issues.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr Schenk has consistently proven to be knowledgeable, accurate and delivers the best option for the patient.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. Schenk definitely comes off as dismissive and arrogant. He said he could not help with my back pain because it was due to my weight and sleeping posture. Thankfully, I got a second opinion and it turns out I need physical therapy because of weakened muscles from a recent surgery. I will need to find a new primary care physician who will truly listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I have had Dr. Schenk for a few years now. He is the best Dr. I have ever had. He helped me through the decision to do gastric bypass, which has changed my life. He is also become the Dr. to other family members of mine. He also fly fishes like a mad man, which means a lot, right?

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

air of arrogance, carelessness, no understanding or empathy dealing with patients' feelings. do not recommend if you are a patient appreciating a compassionate physician

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

I have been a patient for 4+ years. His staff helped me to locate info on less expensive military insurance options. Dr. Schenk has provided thoughtful and useful guidance in gaining control of my diabetis and my weight issues. He is knowledgeable and maintains current on trends and is open minded to working with me when I hear of supplements and diets that are designed to work with my illnesses. He is easy to talk to and very responsive when issues and illnesses come up. I highly recommend him. One of his staff members can be rather direct - but she isn't being rude, she is being honest and forthcoming. Having spent the last 20+ years in the military healthcare system, I find it refreshing to have continuity of care with a Dr. who remembers my name and knows what my health issues are without looking at the chart.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Recently established with him and he is great. Very friendly staff, he is very direct and honest. He is extremely thorough which is refreshing in the current "patient mill" enviroment.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Schenk dismissed me, age 65, from his practice without warning or any prior discussion. On 2-06-08 he telephoned me to let me know that my MRI report came back & told me my diagnosis was a spinal maningioma. On 2-07-08 I received an unsigned letter from his office dated 2-05-08. I had been suffering in excruciating pain & my BP was high. In panic & shock, I called my ins co. & was assisted in finding another PCP. I had trusted him with my life. I went to his office on 2-05-08 to pick up an Rx for pain & verbally interrupted his receptionist while she was on the phone. I thought it urgent that she get medical records from another doctor. I was spoken to most rudely by his office mgr. who butted in. In my time of greatest need, I had to find another doctor. My spinal tumor was an Ependymoma Cauda equina/filum terminale, not a maningioma. My neurosurgeon has performed three surgeries since, my latest being 10-05-09. I hope to find peace let this go & forgive. I suffer pain daily

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

Dr. Eric R. Schenk's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Rockport, ME