Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Jantz

After being dx with a rare disease and receiving a treatment plan from another department at Shands and given a grim prognosis, I had the pleasure of consulting with Dr Jantz. Dr Jantz took a more aggressive and proactive approach. Not only did he treat my lung involvement, he considered my entire spirt mind and body. Because if his care, not only did I surpass the prognosis given to me by other drs but I have "beaten" my dx and am not only surviving 7 years later but am thriving. I credit Dr Jantz for leading the way on my road to better health! BEST doctor I've ever had the pleasure of being treated by. HIGHLY recommend this gentle supportive and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Dr. Jantz was (is?) the head of Pulmonary at Shands in Gainesville. How he got the job is a mystery to me. He was personable but didn't want to do anything. When pushed to at least run new tests, he complied. He pretty much did whatever we asked him to, prescribed whatever he wanted, but he never found out what was wrong much less treated it appropriately. He is big and doesn't know his own strength when dealing with small female patients, and he can and did cause harm.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Michael A. Jantz's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1989)