Ratings for Dr. David Maberley

As an operating room nurse, I can tell you Dr. Maberley is as pleasant to work with as he is to be cared by. Waiting for pupils to dilate to properly view the retina takes hours, and that’s why the waits are so long. I have eyesight, thanks to this man and his father, both exceptional clinicians.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I am very happy with the treatment I have received over the years with Dr. Maberley. I see him twice yearly for checkups. . He saved a small portion of sight in my eye that had a detached retina. I came to see him in the afternoon at the clinic, and he did not allow me to go home, but operated later that day. I probably wouldn't have lost any sight if I had come into the clinic sooner when I had changes in my vision. I was scheduled to see him in 5 days and so decided to wait. WRONG decision. If Dr. Maberley had not operated on my detached retina that very day, I would have totally lost my sight in one eye. I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Maberley for acting so quickly and saving a small area of sight in my eye.. Reading a couple of other comments complaining about "hours" of wait time, a good Doctor is worth waiting for and the reason he is so busy is because he is a good Doctor and it is never "hours", maybe one or two at the most. As the old adage goes, patience is a virtue.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Cannot tell you the amount of times we waited literally hours and hours only to be told sorry, we forgot about you. Ended up seeing another ophthalmologist at the eye care center and the difference was day and night. Maberley overbooks and we felt didn't care about us as a patient, charged 150 for an avastin injection, while another doctor did not charge anything. The mighty dollar is all this doctor cares about.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. Maberley is excellent. I saw him for emergency eye surgery and he took all the stops out of the way. He was extremely quick to get me connected with other Dr’s that were equally at the top of their field. Was so nice to see there mutual respect for each other. The STAFF were very helpful and professional in every way. If you need specialized eye care- Dr. Maberley and his staff will take exceptional care if you.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Absolutely fantastic specialist. Are wait times long? Yes, but his expertise and professionalism are excellent. He works with this staff as a team and we are very, very grateful to have him. Much gratitude....

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. David Maberley gave me an Ozurdex injection which damaged my eye. I refused this injection twice as my sight improved without medical treatment, but the doctor insisted I needed it. Four days after the injection I became blind in that eye, caused by the infection. My vision after my second surgery is 20/200, severe vision loss! Dr. Maberley abandoned me after the second surgery and sent other doctor to check my eye. Three months later Dr. Navajas said I should leave Dr. Maberley's clinic. The doctors never released any information about my eye infection and eye surgery. Since all this happened, I am fully dependent on my other eye (lazy eye). Now he arrogantly wishes me the best!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. David Maberley gave me an Ozurdex injection which damaged my eye. I refused this injection twice as my sight improved without medical treatment, but the doctor insisted I needed it. Four days after the injection I became blind in that eye, caused by the infection. My vision after my second surgery is 20/200, severe vision loss! Dr. Maberley abandoned me after the second surgery and sent doctor to check my eye. Three months later Dr. Navajas said I should leave Dr. Maberley's clinic. The doctors never released any information about my eye infection and eye surgery. Since all this happened, I am fully dependent on my other eye (lazy eye). Now he arrogantly wishes me the best!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Can not say enough about this excellent doctor and excellent staff. He is very busy but pleasant and easy to speak to you. Very grateful to him for all he has done to improve eyesight and his continued perseverance to a resolution. Office is very well organized given the different testing and imaging but any wait is no inordinate and totally understandable. Thumbs up in all ways to this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Unacceptably long wait, little in the way of explanations, and an utter lack of compassion. I read many 5 star posts before visiting him, and have to wonder if I was seeing the right doctor (whom I unfortunately was).

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I have seen Dr David Maberley several times over the years ( about a decade). I have always found his staff very courteous, helpful and professional. My experiences on my visits with Dr Maberly were always excellent. I have always received with respect and courtesy. The care I received were always superb and I never had anything to complain about. I have seen respectful professionalism given to others. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr David Maberley to others. Dr Maberley will continue to be my ophthalmologist in the coming years. Seelochan Beharry Ph.D Author: The Prehistories of Baseball ( 2016)

Submitted June 23, 2017