You may also like

Rate Dr. David Maberley

Dr. David Maberley's Ratings

I saw Dr. Maberlaey 10 years ago for several years because of a small scar on the retina in my left eye. A few days ago, I needed to go back to Dr. Maberley because of a minor retina tear in my right eye. He found out the problem in 10 minutes while the ER ophthalmologist could not. He then performed a laser treatment and I walked out of his office with a perfect vision in less than 1.5 hours. Dr. Maberley is very knowledgeable, experienced, professional and most important, friendly too. His staff is also very efficcient too. I will give him 6 stars....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I was referred to Dr Maberley from another city for a detached retina and Dr Maberley performed emergency surgery to save my sight. He was professional and explained my complex eye issue in very simple terms and for that I thank him! His office is very busy and the waiting room was full even on a holiday weekend, but I felt I was getting the best care in the province from this surgeon! As I continue my follow up appointments in my own city, it is clear that our provincial eye specialists have huge workloads as the demand for their services increases. We need to look at the big picture of the "system" and how that can be improved rather than complain about a long wait in the dr office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2789416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Doctor Maberley did not listen to my mother. She said there was something other than macular degeneration happening. He did not investigate. He did not deliver the reports to her
Gp after repeated requests. (4) He told her GP that he had no record of her and she was not his patient. Apparently they lost her records. She had another referral to a doctor who lasered her eyes and she is seeing better than she has is '20 years'. Doctor Maberley should have taken the time and saved her 10 months of blindness. He did not listen to her, and I do not know why. But I think because of MD he didn't look further. Seniors are not stupid. Listen to them please.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2747461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Maberley has taken care of my eyes for over a decade. He is very knowledgeable and is simply a fabulous doctor! I am so thankful for all of his help over the past 13 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Dr David Maberley restored the sight in my eye by repairing my retina and I have complete confidence in his skills. He was highly referred to me by a retinal specialist in the USA and I am thankful for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr Maberley is very knowledgeable as he detected a smaller tear on my retina and immediately performed laser treatment. Followed up in 2 weeks and found another small tear elsewhere in the same eye. Again, I had the laser treatment immediately and no futher problem when I went back 2 weeks later for a checkup. He is friendly and works very efficiently. I highly recommend him to have your eyes looked after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

I first saw Dr. Maberley about 5 years ago for a retinal repair. I was slow realizing what my eye problem was, so by the time he saw me, my retina was almost fully detached and torn through the macula. He was able to fint me in to his surgery schedule on very short notice, and was able to re-attach my retina and laser it in place. It took one more surgery to remove some liquid from behind my retina and get it smoothed out. Initially there were significant anomalies in my visual field, but in time they have improved to the point where I can read with the affected eye as lonf as the type size is 12 or greater. I woould have been blind in that eye if not fro skill of Dr. Maberley. Now I have suffered a similar event in my other eye. Thanks to quick surgery, and the fact that Dr. Maberley had previously lasered the retina in this eye, I did not suffer a detachment this time, only some tearing as my vitreous pulled away. This he has repaired, and I expect full recovery. Thank you Dr. Dave!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][397313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dave got in us right away for emergency go the problem solved thank you so much he the best :):):):)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2011

Excellent surgeon and great manner. Thank you Dr. Maberley!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

He literally saved my life. I had migraine headaches and blurred/failing vision for 6 months that my family doctor said was aging related (I was age 42) routine migraines. I got myself to Maberly and within 10 minutes of him looking in my eyes at the optic nerve and listening to the symptoms I was diagnosed with a very rare near fatal brain blood clot which was confirmed later that day with a rush CT scan. Original prognosis was potential imminent death, but prompt emergency treatment and ongoing drugs to this day have saved my life. That is the benefit of experts.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][397310].votes_count ]]