Ratings for Dr. David Maberley

I am from out of town, Dr Maberley saw me on a holiday weekend for a complex retinal detachment which is considered an emergency - I asked him to give me the information to me straight up as all of this was new to me and a surprise - and that's what he does. If you are going to lose your sight, there is no other way to tell you than to lay it all on the table - he gave me all the information about my issue and potential outcomes, but in reality, they don't really know - eye issues are a wait and see game - pardon the pun. The good news for me is that after 3 more surgeries to follow up the initial surgery he did to save my sight, I went from 20/400 to 20/40 and am thankful for his quick action getting me through emergency surgery and on my way to my home. Yes he is busy, but I felt I was in expert hands!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Maberley for 3 years and am glad that someone recently felt the same way about his care. I hate the way he looks at me. It creeps me out and I am glad that at least someone else feels the same way.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

After my office experience with Dr Maberley this week, I would not expect him to be my friend, nor my surgeon. He is arrogant, too busy to care about my questions regarding timeline of his treatments, and aloof. I will definitely be seeking another opinion from a doctor who actually values my time as much as theirs.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I am a very active 70 year old retired Paramedic who started to have visual difficulty about 5 years ago due to epi-retinal membrane issues. Dr. Maberley listened very well to my complaints and history, fast-tracked me to surgical intervention for my visual issues as they became evident, and arranged timely post operative follow-up for my convenience. As result of his expertise I now enjoy 20-20 vision in both eyes for the first time in my life. Additional follow-up with associated specialists has prompted comments of surprise and praise for Dr. Maberley's successful intervention. I have spent a career dealing with many physicians with objectivity sharing findings and information. Dr. Maberley lived up to every one of my expectations in my consultation with him. I see there are some comments regarding punctuality and attitude. He is a very busy man with an extremely busy office. Expect to be dealt with in the same way I experienced but do not expect to become 'best friends'. Thank you Dr. Maberley for your professional and objective approach. You have made a huge difference in the way I live my life.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I hope all who read this heed this rating as a warning. He was terribly rude to my father who had a retinal detachment, spent all but 2 minutes with him and told him we was going to lose his eye. He then made inappropriate and suggestive comments to me as I confronted him in private regarding his behavior. I have already started a complaint to the College. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

fully recommend this specialist. I had only very positive experiences over the last 18 years

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Can't rate him yet on the surgery which will take place next month But the consultation went well; puts you at ease and shows and explain it in a way you can understand

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I can't imagine why some people do not appreciate Dr Maberley He is the best and he has looked after my eyes very well.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

This doctor is terrible, he is late, disrespective, lacks knowlege and was rude to my son who is 5! Unreal!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. Maberley is very knowledgeable and efficient. He scheduled my dad in for a surgery in a short period of time and save my dad's eye sight. We really appreciate his help and we would recommend Dr. Maberley to anyone with retinal problems.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016