Ratings for Dr. Julie Hagood

Dr. Julie Hagood's negligence almost cost me my life. My PCP recommended me to see Dr. Hagood due to my slightly distended abdomen. Dr. Hagood did the pelvic exam and pap smear and found nothing wrong. However she FAILED to do an ultrasound even though I was in my late 50s. A year later I had to schedule my follow-up appointment and thank goodness I could not get an appointment with Dr. Hagood for another 3 months. Then I found an excellent OBGYN and went to see this other doctor. This doctor not only did a pelvic exam and a pap smear, but also said that at my age (late 50s) we should do an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a 17 cm pelvic mass. My good fortune, the mass was benign. But due to its size I had to have a laparotomy to get it removed. Had Dr. Hagood been a competent OBGYN she would have ordered an ultrasound when she examined me and I may not have had such an intrusive surgery. Dr. Hagood may have good bedside manners, but I will not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Hagood is a great doctor; she delivered my baby in a natural way; worked with me thru natural labor, respected my decision not to get epidural. She is pleasant, and helpful too. I just wish she also recommends natural ways first to ease discomforts instead of medical ointments right away. But overall, She is wonderful, 4.8 stars for me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

she's great! she performed a myomectomy on me and also delivered both my babies (medically necessary c-sections). Great surgeon, ob, gyn, and is also smart, well-informed and pleasant.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

Dr. Hagood is great. My wife loves her -- delivered our first baby and did awesome, especially when the Anesth. said it was too late for my wife to have epideral during back labor (we got to hosp when my wife was at a 7). Dr. Hagood evaluated, said there's time, get him back in here, and got the epideral for last part of back labor when my wife was in serious need due to the back labor. Our first consult/appt with her was about 11 mos before our daughter was born -- very pleased with her. Great bedside manner, thorough, approachable and easy to talk to/ ask questions, even the "dumb questions".

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

She delivered my first baby and was wonderful.My case was very complicated and she was great and very reassuring.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Julie Hagood's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1997)

MSP/BC Med