Ratings for Dr. Keegan AU

Dr. Au performed my hip replacement revision surgery in February 2019. Despite the complicated nature of having to have the hip replaced a second time, the surgery went very well. At just four month’s post surgery, I was feeling great. A huge thank you to Dr. Au and his staff. Not only is he a great surgeon, he is a caring person with a great bedside manner and he really makes you feel at ease. The nurses and staff on the ward were great -- always pleasant and they provided exceptional care. Dr. Au’s clinic is also well-run, with excellent follow up after surgery and amazing nurses in the clinic. I would highly recommend Dr. Au to anyone needing these type of surgeries, and would certainly hope to be able to have Dr Au again if the need ever arises.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2019

Incompetence is an understatement. Ego isn't particularly rare in the world of orthopaedics but at least it's typically backed up with proper ability. Keegan exercised arrogance that I hadn't encountered through any other interactions with medical professionals and had left a sour taste in my mouth following a failed operation and further failure to resurrect that failure.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2019

Dr. Au did my hip 2 years ago. I felt totally at ease with him. He did a great job on my hip and the scar is barely noticeable; he gave me back my mobility and my life! A lot of respect for this Doctor! Unfortunately I'll need my other hip done someday soon but I have no worries as I'll be in Dr. Au's great care!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr. Au is the type of person you wish all Doctors were! He has a bedside manor that makes you feel so glad you dealt with him! He has a happy , pleasant personality! Thanks

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Au did a full right hip replacement on me back in July of 2012. I had suffered in pain for years after being told I was to young to have a hip replacement. Dr Au literally saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

had hip replacement aug.5 I have a condition which makes my surgery more complicated because my spine is fused.i felt totally at ease during the process healed very well they said I would be in hospital 7days out in 5 I'd say he knew his stuff.going back soon for another replacement then my knees feel confident in this dr.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

My brother had a terrible experience with this Doctor. He had a hip replacement that went wrong, the Dr. Wouldn't listen to him when he was having problems. Eventually he had to and by that time damage had been done and my brother had to go home without a hip for 3 months on antibiotics to clear up the infection. No apology and after a total of 3 surgeries my brothers hip is still not right. The Dr appointments are still without result so my brother has finally requested an appointment with another surgeon. Stay well clear of this Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

dr. k. au replaced my right knee in feb./16. He is a great doctor. like many others i found he explained the procedure and answered all my questions after the surgery. a great dr . and a very caring understanding person.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

It was a pleasure to see Dr. Au. His nurse was also excellent. Both very informed, kind, with an interest in the patient. Left feeling g very positive about the chance of my arm healing after a fall.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Au is very kindhearted and knowledgeable of his work. He is also very punctual on his appointments which is such a postive. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015