Ratings for Dr. Denae W. Rickenbacker

this doctor is helping me cut down and consolidate medicines that my other doctors kept adding. she is knowledgeable and thorough.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

She really knows her stuff. Talked about med management, she knew all about the side effects and what to look for and what to expect. Talked a bit about counseling (she doesn't do much of that but is willing) and has given me lots of good referrals. So far I've been really happy with how she is dealing with my medication management for my depression/anxiety. Very straightforward and to the point; I like that!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Rickenbacker is a fine physician-no-nonsense style, not long on chitchat, but listens intently, takes good notes, doesn't rush you through the appointment. Seems very up-to-date on her science and medical advances.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. R still has much to learn about people and psychiatry, but that's ok. I know deep in my heart that her intentions are good, but she has too many blind spots right now that make her so hit and miss. I sincerely hope that she will learn to listen, truly listen, to each patient that crosses her path and treat them like an individual as well as a dear family member. I truly believe she will make some fantastic adjustments to her practice and that she already knows deep inside herself what she can do to improve so that she can best help others. Ego=edging God out. Peace and happiness on your journey, Dr. R.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Caring, helpful, makes appropriate referrals. I've been seeing her for approximately 2 years.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Had first appointment with this Dr. last week and wanted to walk out. Had to wait 30 mins past appointment time. She appeared confused and disorganized. Staff was not helpful had to wait an additional 20 mins to check out and I was the only patient there. They were too busy having a personal conversation. Will not return.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

This doctor is completely disorganized, Staff doesn't return phone calls. I waited over 45 mins past my appt time. This was the first time I saw this doctor and also the last. She rushed through the appt, even asked if we could do it over the phone because she was so behind. I was appalled at some of the things she said to me and couldn't believe this person works in the mental health profession. This is just a glimpse of the "hellish" appt I had with her. Would look for someone else before considering this one.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

Dr. Rickenbacker is a very sweet and smart young lady. She seems confident in her decisions, yet she listens carefully to your questions and concerns and has ALWAYS taken time to explore every single option with me when it comes to placing me on medication, even pulling out her book if she needs to. She was careful every time she put me on something to make sure they wouldn't interfere with my epilepsy medication or make my seizures worse, and if she had the slightest doubt she would go next door and check with the neurologist. she listened to me so well and did her best to understand me. every time i left her office, i left with my chin a little higher. Unfortunately my insurance changed to BCBS so i can't see her anymore, but do yourself a favor and if you need help plz see her. oh, and her office staff are angels! once i was 5 dollars short on my copay and the one guy thats always there covered for me (i paid him back the next time).nice folk, those people there.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009