Ratings for Dr. Diane P. Nguyen

I've been a patient of Dr. Nguyen for over two years. We still have monthly appointments and she is always trying to improve the quality of my life. It has worked in increments over time. When I first started seeing her, I was a total wreck. She saved my life, and I will forever be grateful. I strongly recommend going to see her if you are severely depressed or have contemplated suicide. I cannot put into words how much better my life is, due to her help.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

I credit Dr. Nguyen with helping to get my life back. I had been misdiagnosed by my previous psychiatrist, and Dr. Nguyen was able to not just get me stabilized, but to feel better than I have in years. I rarely have to wait past my scheduled appointment time. Dr. Nguyen is very professional, and pays a lot of attention to what I have to say. Dr. Nguyen sets realistic expectations and addresses issues directly. I feel comfortable with her, and I never feel judged or looked down on. It is easy to ask questions about my concerns, and I can count on her for honest answers.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

My first psychiatrist had treated me FOR YEARS with the wrong diagnosis. Dr. Nguyen changed me to a completely different class of medications as I was actually bi polar. She is forthright with her discussion, but also listens and has a sense of humor. She gave me samples and helped me get free medications. She also explains the medication regimen well. My only wish is that her appointents were a bit longer for more talk therapy time. I am a registered nurse.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Dr. Nguyen really listened to me...and my family...to get my bipolar disorder under control. I've been seeing her for 4 years and have been stable for 3-1/2!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Nguyen has a very abrasive interaction style. She seemed much more interested in my insurance money than me. She was aggressive, rude and disrespectful during her questioning on our first visit. So much so that I just stood up and walked out half way thru the first office visit. (I'm 59 and have never done that before). Worst of all, i just received a billing statement (in addition to one for first office visit) where she filed and got paid by BCBS for treating me on 9/27/11. I haven't seen her except the one time back in the spring. So add fraud to the list of reasons to avoid this so-called doctor. She will make you more depressed and rob your insurance.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011