Ratings for Dr. Jennifer S. Kang

In January 2016 Dr Kang removed a pituitary tumor that I had with great success. She is awesome and caring toward her patients. She is the one to have if you ever need a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Was most unpleased... Assistant came in we talked for approximately 5mins. Told her of my concerns which are Numbing, pins and needles and asleep type feelings in my left arm and hand mostly affecting my pinky and ring finger as well my right arm and hand also has these feelings every so often. They also will become very cold seeming to be due to poor circulation. I also stated I was having these feelings occur in my left side of my head and face as well. Dr. Kang came in 40mins later and spent approx. 3 mins with me. I tried asking several questions to which she responded I have no idea..allI can tell you is that you do not need surgery. I then asked her while she had one foot out the door, "so the three bulging disc in my cervical spine would have nothing to do with my symptoms?" she then just stated NO and shut the door in my face. Incredibly unpleasant experience and I would not wish that on anyone who is dealing with pain.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Went to se Dr. Kang for major Sciatica pain. Staff was very polite. Dr. Kang was punctual. She was very friendly and down to earth. She explained everything to me thoroughly and gave me a chance to ask questions. She looked at my MRI and showed me the problem. She worked with me on a cousre of action. We tried a steriod injection first, when that didn't work Dr. Kang offered surgery. Had a pre op in which I met with both her and her assistants, everything was gone over thoroughyl and left me feeling confident and with little worries. She performed a Discectomy on me. I was out of the hospital the next day and walking around. I still have some rehab to do, but the persistant leg pain I had for 6 months is virtually gone. Great overall experience. Would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

1st visit her assistant came in and spent 10 min doing history and physical. Assistant told me I would need to get updated MRI. Dr Kang came in and told me I would need to get updated MRI and that in some cases they could not help. That was the end of the appt. Visit after MRI we waited 45 min with no explanation no apology. Dr Kang came in told us she had received MRI but couldn't view it as she didn't have correct software (MRI was in standard digital format used by most physicians). However she stated that she had reviewed the radiologist report which indicated several areas of concern around the spine but none of them where I was reporting pain. Therefore there was nothing she could do for me. Max of 3 min and that was it.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

Dr. Jennifer S. Kang's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)