Ratings for Dr. Aparna Taylor

My son was diagnosed with autism and we followed the DAN protocols for 32 months. We took him to Hoffman and spent thousands of dollars on testing with little change and very little communication from him. He did not answer our calls. We saw Dr. Taylor based on a referral from our support group and she was the first doctor to address our son first in the appointment and try to talk to him. She approached our family as a unit and addressed the issues we felt were important, all the while explaining the different approaches and involving us in the process. She is not only personable and intelligent, she has experience, is willing to work with others and truly helped our family. My son has made gains and we continue to see him improve. He has a long way to go and she did not ever give us any false expectations. I will be seeing her myself and would highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

My sister sees Dr. Aperna, and I go with her to the appointments and want to comment on here. We saw her before her maternity breaks and when she came back after because my sister thought her local was nice but didn't know as much as Dr. Aperna. She started with trying to get C to do life things to get healthy like eating properly and stopping smoking and even stuff with our mom but didn't just start antibiotics and at first we didn't like that since Lyme needs that treatment but she said maybe she could have something else. C's family doctor is really good and she had lots of other doctor appointments but they could only give her more drugs and she was still really sick until Dr. A. She told us to do more things with her family doctor because it would be free and tries to help that way too. It did get hard when she was off but we waited and she did talk to us and answered and she is woth the wait. We went to functional medicine ND before and spent so much on the testing and they just sold C so many pills and Dr. A tried to make it so less pulls drugs and other and then asked us about testing and explained it but didn't push and even talked to her doctor to see what she could do. She did treat with herbs and drugs and we spent less than at the other ND (they told us it would cost $15000) and it was no better but with Dr. A it was way less and C was way better. Talk to other people who saw her. We still see her and she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I thought long and hard about leaving a review on here, as I generally do not critique medical professionals, but ultimately decided that it is important that I let people know of our experience with Dr. Taylor and her locum. If you are like us, you have run the traditional medical gamut without much help or relief before you start suspecting lyme disease. My family member had accumulated seven specialists, all scratching their heads at what was happening, over two years. You have also likely already spent a lot of money trying to figure this out on your own. When we were referred to Dr. Taylor's office by an ND, we had to wait almost three months for the initial consult. We were sold the sun, moon and stars by the receptionist when we called to book, and had those expectations reiterated by the locum during a 15-minute meet and greet prior to our initial consult. We were told that Dr. Taylor was on maternity leave and that she was overseeing a locum, but we were not told that the clinic operated very restricted hours ( the locum only worked one-two days each week). This became extremely problematic once we had committed and spent thousands of dollars on testing, but had difficulty getting both appointments when we needed to and answers to questions via phone or emails in a timely manner. We were told by both the receptionist and the locum that we could communicate questions or concerns via email in between appointments, and the locum led us to believe that she dedicated time on Fridays to answering emails she was unable to get to during the week, however we never received an answer to any email (I sent a total of three emails over a three month period, so not an unreasonable amount) in under a week. In fact, the locum promised to get back to me within a few days of our initial consult to confirm tests to be ordered, and I had to chase her down to get an answer and had to reschedule the blood draw twice because she neither got back to me nor her office staff with an answer. That was the first flag that I should not have ignored. The locum told us that Dr. Taylor was moving away from using IGenix testing for lyme disease and was going to be using Armin Labs instead, but when it came down to it, they ordered IGenix. Two short months later they tell me that we have to have all tests re-run through Armin as they are more reliable. So thousands spent unnecessarily. When I asked questions about that, the attitude around the office changed and we ultimately saw that they were trying to push us out of the office. Dr. Taylor does not like to be questioned, there is a very big ego at play here. Dr. Taylor may be very good at addressing Lyme Disease, but she has no idea what to do if there is more issues at play than simply lyme disease and/or co-infections. If you are lucky enough to only have lyme disease and/or co-infections then she might be good enough to help you. But if you (like most people) have methylation issues, detox issues, or other infections at play, she is in over her head, and she will not admit that. It will be up to you to figure it out, and again, if you start asking questions, she will sweetly act as though she is supportive and recommend other ND's to loop in while offering to work directly with them, but she will then stop responding to your communications. And does this not sound very similar to what we have all already experienced with multiple specialists, each doing their own thing? Quite frankly, if you are very sick and serious about restoring your health, you would be better off putting your financial resourced towards a functional medicine practitioner like at the Hoffman Centre. Dr. Hoffman is a LLMD and can and will address everything in the proper order to restore your health. By proper order I mean addressing digestion, detox pathways (epigenetics), nutritional deficiencies and THEN goes after the infectious pieces when your body is ready to handle it. The treatment my family member received via Dr. Taylor worked at first, but then made them worse and we are still trying to correct the damage. So, in a nutshell, if: - you are happy to undergo testing and treatment without any thought or consultation, rather than working with a partner in your health; and - you are happy to take medication that makes you suffer horrible herx reactions without any access to support in person or via phone or email in a timely manner (or at all); and - you are satisfied with a doctor who works Saturdays ONLY, and a locum who may be in one or two other days within a week; and - you are okay to have your money wasted by delays and Dr. Taylor's flip-flopping on labs and treatments because the limited office time; and - you know for certain that you ONLY have Lyme Disease; and - you are happy to have a doctor who will literally not spend one extra minute working to respond to anxiously awaiting patients.then this is the clinic for you.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

She IS THE BEST!!! Explained to me and helped me figured it out what could be change and then to not much expense and medicine not good taste but it worked for me (herbal she made). My husband she told to do tests with his doctor and he did and found cancer early to fix it. Nice lady and nice clinic. Very help for me!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

The reviews here are right- she is very good. I got better in the office during the appointment! I was lost in my purpose too not just how sick I was and my stomach problems. I talked to her about some pretty personal things - better than any counselor I saw and now I am losing weight and feel amazing. See her if you can get in!!! She books up quick!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I have been all over to doctors in the U.S. and I wish I knew about Dr. Taylor first. Mayo clinic, Lyme doctors, chronic fatigue specialists, you name it. She didn't push any kind of pills (natural or not) just read my file and listened to everything then we did some testing then she explained a bunch of stuff to me. I like that I didn't have to buy a bag of treatments. she doesn't care where I get stuff as long as it good. I found out I DIDNT have Lyme!! She actually cares about your life. I couldnt do all the stuff but she gave me a plan I could do. Really grateful to her. She really made me feel like I can do it. She is great.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Taylor cares! She's on maternity leave and she still answered my questions and talked to my naturopath. I will fly to see her when she is back. I have been so m for so long and she didn't give up checking what else it could be. I'm so much better now. Her replacement is nice and always checks with her. Chantal is GREAT don't listen to review about her. She figured out what I had and didn't make me test everything but I still did the ones she said. It was still pricey but worth it. Sometimes too much time to wait for her replacement doctor to answer. Be prepared to change diet but it all worked for me. I'm back to work now thanks to her and her naturopath.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Went to dr taylors clinic for lyme suspicion wasnt told till after 2 months waiting for apt that she is on mat leave but that she overlooks the locum. What a joke locum is not lyme literate and im really doubting the overlooking part. A complete waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Tayor is wonderful. She is very knowledgeable and takes her time to listen. Chantel her appointment coordinator is atrocious. She is extremely rude and doesn't actually care about Dr. Taylors patients. I have talked to her numerous times as everything goes thru her and I get the runaround every time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Taylor is excellent. She was the first doctor to identify the root cause of my Bartholin cyst in a severe underlying emotional problem due to a troubled marriage. She has great bedside manner is very thorough. Her background in yoga is also very helpful adding a spiritual element to her scientific side. If I was still living in Calgary I would be seeing her but I've moved to Ontario.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015