Ratings for Dr. Sean S. Saedi

After reading about how widely respected Dr. Saedi is in the medical community, I was shocked by how terrible my experience with him was. I should note that my negative feelings are strictly about Dr. Saedi himself - the office staff was pleasant, helpful, and everyone I've dealt with in the office seems to have a good sense of punctuality. I went to see Dr. Saedi because I was new to the area and needed to find a doctor to continue my adderall prescription as well as get my routine blood work and some STD screening done. When I asked about the STD tests, Dr. Saedi asked me if I have a boyfriend or husband, and seemed confused that I would want that kind of testing done since I have neither. When he and I were discussing my adderall prescription, he asked me how often I take it and I mentioned that occasionally I only take half a dose because I worry about the fact that it's addictive, and I don't want to build a high tolerance if I don't need my full dosage on a given day. He strongly cautioned me against doing this, saying that breaking the pills in half is how meth is made. For any of you who may not be aware of this, breaking an adderall pill in half does not change the chemical composition and turn it into meth. It turns it into two halves of the same amount of adderall. These conversations didn't leave me with a great feeling about Dr. Saedi, but he was pleasant enough so I figured I'd give him a chance. A few days later, he called me at 7am. I did not, and would never, tell him that it was acceptable to call me that early. He announced to me that my blood work came back indicating that I'm pre-diabetic, and that I need to lose weight. This was baffling to me because I'm 5'10 and 145 lbs. I mentioned to him that I didn't feel like I have much weight to lose, and asked if the problem could be fixed with dietary and exercise changes, but not necessarily weight loss. He was very dismissive and assured me that the only way to fix my sugar levels is to lose weight. Flash forward 6 months. I've started being more careful about what I eat, and I've started a job working in the fitness industry. While my diet and exercise habits are significantly better than they were 6 months ago, I have gained weight because I'm building a lot of muscle. I had an appointment with Dr. Saedi to recheck my A1C levels, and he was visibly appalled that I could have gained 6 lbs in 6 months. He spent a solid 10 minutes lecturing me about how I'm "very overweight," and that I'm going to become diabetic if I don't fix my life. Fortunately for me, I'm very secure with my body type (I'd attach a picture if this website allowed it, but you'll just have to trust me - I look amazing), but it occurred to me that if I had any kind of hang-ups about my weight or body, the insensitivity with which Dr. Saedi worded this discussion would have been devastating. Then he cautioned me that if I ever stop taking adderall, I'll probably gain even more weight, so I should definitely stay on it. Basically, he's not happy with just attempting to give me an eating disorder - he wants me to have a drug problem, too. He called me back several days later when the test results came back (again, at a ridiculously early hour of the morning), and begrudgingly admitted that my A1C levels were normal. So apparently losing weight isn't the only way to control one's blood sugar. Overall, I found Dr. Saedi to be an incredibly insensitive person who seemed to have a great deal of difficulty listening to me as a patient. Maybe he's great at some things as a physician, but it was impossible for me to see past his horrible demeanor (and false information), and I cannot respect him as a medical professional.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Interested in patience health care by following-up with telephone calls to discuss medical reports. Certified in Bariatrics.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr. Sean S. Saedi's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Leonardtown, MD