You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Keli Furman

I began seeing Dr. FURMAN at the recommendation of numerous co-workers... not that I was in desperate need of help, just that when I asked around, her name kept coming up. I was in the midst of a particularly nasty divorce/custody battle and was looking for a neutral third party to shed a little light on the situation and my responses. Dr. FURMAN did exactly that and pulled no punches, which most in policing/military can appreciate. I could expect to be told to "pull my head out of my ***" when warranted and my actions fully supported as well, no sugar coating. I always knew where I stood. The divorce spilled into work with multiple false public complaints, transfers and a big chip on my shoulder. The new girlfriend was dragged into the complaints and was then diagnosed with an incurable medical condition, stuff was piling up quickly. My employer was not willing to transfer me or change my shifts to help with my girlfriends health and I eventually resigned. I'm not sure I could have coped as well as I did without Kelli. There was no clinical... more like that friend who tells it like it is shootin' the s**t. The girlfriend is doing amazingly well, we have a two year old son and I have just returned to policing... all is well and we have Keli to thank for an important part of that.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Furman for approximately 2.5 years to deal with PTSD and the resultant unhealthy changes that had manifested in my interpersonal relationships. After almost 2 decades of policing, I couldn't speak to others in a meaningful way. I couldn't engage in healthy relationships. I couldn't feel emotions on a deep level. I had previously seen other psychologists for personal and marriage counselling. What set Dr. Furman apart from the other psychologists was her ability to find a way to relate to me in a manner that allowed me to feel comfortable enough to freely discuss the issues. The sessions were uncomfortable at times but that was due to the fact that I was discussing matters that I had previously avoided thinking, talking, or acting on. As the discussions progressed the sessions became less uncomfortable and more relaxed and fruitful. It has been approximately 3 years since I saw Dr. Furman but I still find myself using the techniques she provided to deal with my issues. I still occasionally have nightmares and I still have moments when I am less than the best version of myself. The difference is that neither these moments nor those nightmares are able to throw me into a complete tailspin as they once did. I am a better father, a better partner, and a happier person. I am incredibly grateful to Dr. Furman and would (have) highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Keli Furman is the best in the field for treating emergency responders. I am an RCMP officer who has been treated by Keli for over 5 years. I can't even guess where I would be today if it weren't for her. I have no idea what the other officer is talking about, perhaps to "Old Boys Club" to really get it. I would, and have recommend Keli to any first responder. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Furman. Thank you Keli for all you have done, and continue to do.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

As a peace officer it is very difficult to get help for PTSD, Dr. Furman was able to grab hold of me and help me climb back up to where my life was no longer in danger. Saved Me, Saved My Marriage. Only go to see her if you want help because she will call you on any off compass idealology in a heart beat. If you are in law enforcement and need help go see Keli. KTR

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr. Keli saved my life basically. She assessed and treated a Veteran with PTSD/severe depression. Her approach is always forward thinking and rehabilitating. She picked me up, dusted me off and gave me the skills to survive. 10 out of 10

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I saw Dr. Furman for a work related car accident. I was having nightmares related to the accident, fearful of driving at night and having intense anxiety triggered by oncoming headlights. Dr. Furman used EMDR to treat me and I was amazed at how quickly the treatment worked. I found Dr. Furman to be very kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a competent psychologist.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Keli Furman for approximately 20 years. She is an extremely effective, caring mental health professional who has greatly assisted me and countless other emergency services personnel for several years. I am an RCMP member who gladly assisted Dr. Furman in several critical incident stress debriefings (CISD). She has also successfully treated my PTSD and other acute life issues - and in short order! I have always appreciated her very direct, empowering approach. You have a real fighting chance with her expertise, talent and compassion. Dr. Furman is especially effective with her EMDR treatments. It has been so rewarding for me to have received numerous 'thank-you's from the several police personnel and others whom I have recommended to her during the past two decades. All I can say is THANK YOU, Keli !! Thank you for going out of your way or me many times. You are an amazing psychologist and person. DKL

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I saw Ms. Furman in 2007, as an RCMP officer. My sessions with Ms. Furman were surprisingly easy. Sadly, it was for all the wrong reasons. Ms. Furman seems to have "new age" beliefs recommending pseudo-science movies and that I leave my issues up to "Karma." At the end of sessions, Ms Furman conducted EMDR "therapy." There may be a foundation to EMDR, but given how Ms. Furman conducted it, there was no lasting benefit. Specifically, Ms. Furman made me hold a teddy bear for this. As a grown-up, this was humiliating. I objected to this and was embarrassed but Ms. Furman made light of it saying, "it's a prop." I went along with it. My last session with Ms. Furman was with her proclaiming, "you're cured." I'm guessing that my benefits running out, may have contributed to diagnosis. In 2011, I submitted a complaint to the Alberta College of Psychologists. It was upheld and is on file with the ACP. Ms. Furman can confirm this. Needless to say, Look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Without Dr. Furman's expert knowledge and treatment, I would not have returned to work as quickly as I have. She practically saved my life.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Keli Furman's Credentials

Veterans Administration
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I began seeing Dr. FURMAN at the recommendation of numerous co-workers... not that I was in desperate need of help, just that when I asked around, her name kept..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Furman for approximately 2.5 years to deal with PTSD and the resultant unhealthy changes that had manifested in my interpersonal relationships. After ..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Keli Furman is the best in the field for treating emergency responders. I am an RCMP officer who has been treated by Keli for over 5 years. I can't even gue..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "shes great.......the cop complaing about new age.....what can i say a cop , minimum amount of grey matter if at all"

January 23, 2016
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5K 0J8". Address has been updated from "None" to "11523 100 Avenue Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15875216008".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a peace officer it is very difficult to get help for PTSD, Dr. Furman was able to grab hold of me and help me climb back up to where my life was no longer i..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Keli saved my life basically. She assessed and treated a Veteran with PTSD/severe depression. Her approach is always forward thinking and rehabilitating. ..."

November 6, 2014