Ratings for Dr. Keli Furman

Doctor Furman is awesome, goes over and above for everyone she sees, she really cares and if your law enforcement or military, she gets it and can help you overcome all that has injured you, I know I have received excellent care from her!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Amazing, amazing person and professional. 10/10 would recommend. She is an absolute game-changer! Extremely well respected, and for good reason.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Keli Furman truly changed my life. Keli’s professionalism, honesty, and empathy is unparalleled. It’s astonishing how someone can be so very intelligent, but equally as grounded and organic. Keli looks at you as a person, not just another client. She is at the top of her field, but works just as hard as someone who is just emerging as a professional. The amount of respect I have for Dr. Furman is absolutely endless. I would recommend her to anyone, an absolute life changer. 100 gold stars out of 10.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr. Furman was an outstanding Dr. I saw her for a long time under very hard circumstances. I'm much better now. This was law enforcement related so I would recommend her to any of my colleagues.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Furman spoke to me in one occasion and jumped to many conclusions about who I was and what I was like. She did not respect my personal space. She also made sweeping comments based on very little information. I did not have confidence in her abilities and made arrangements to have another doctor see me.

Submitted June 11, 2017

It was a really strange experience. Dr. Furman seems to have a dislike of police officers (I'm not one but work in the public sector). Twice she went on tangents about cops. Once was about rcmp corruption and the other was to ridicule them as being "brain washed." Again, really strange. I was polite and said thanks but have since sought a second Dr. who has a little more focus.

Submitted October 3, 2016

The greatest psychologist in Edmonton by a long shot!!!!! Dr. Keli Furman is down to earth and extremely caring!!!! Keli has helped me cope with ALL of my issues over the past twenty years or more and without her help I don't know where I would be today. Thank you Keli for being the DOCTOR that you are. I highly recommend DR. KELI FURMAN. She is the best in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I began seeing Dr. FURMAN at the recommendation of numerous co-workers... not that I was in desperate need of help, just that when I asked around, her name kept coming up. I was in the midst of a particularly nasty divorce/custody battle and was looking for a neutral third party to shed a little light on the situation and my responses. Dr. FURMAN did exactly that and pulled no punches, which most in policing/military can appreciate. I could expect to be told to "pull my head out of my ***" when warranted and my actions fully supported as well, no sugar coating. I always knew where I stood. The divorce spilled into work with multiple false public complaints, transfers and a big chip on my shoulder. The new girlfriend was dragged into the complaints and was then diagnosed with an incurable medical condition, stuff was piling up quickly. My employer was not willing to transfer me or change my shifts to help with my girlfriends health and I eventually resigned. I'm not sure I could have coped as well as I did without Kelli. There was no clinical... more like that friend who tells it like it is shootin' the s**t. The girlfriend is doing amazingly well, we have a two year old son and I have just returned to policing... all is well and we have Keli to thank for an important part of that.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

I saw Dr. Furman for approximately 2.5 years to deal with PTSD and the resultant unhealthy changes that had manifested in my interpersonal relationships. After almost 2 decades of policing, I couldn't speak to others in a meaningful way. I couldn't engage in healthy relationships. I couldn't feel emotions on a deep level. I had previously seen other psychologists for personal and marriage counselling. What set Dr. Furman apart from the other psychologists was her ability to find a way to relate to me in a manner that allowed me to feel comfortable enough to freely discuss the issues. The sessions were uncomfortable at times but that was due to the fact that I was discussing matters that I had previously avoided thinking, talking, or acting on. As the discussions progressed the sessions became less uncomfortable and more relaxed and fruitful. It has been approximately 3 years since I saw Dr. Furman but I still find myself using the techniques she provided to deal with my issues. I still occasionally have nightmares and I still have moments when I am less than the best version of myself. The difference is that neither these moments nor those nightmares are able to throw me into a complete tailspin as they once did. I am a better father, a better partner, and a happier person. I am incredibly grateful to Dr. Furman and would (have) highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Keli Furman is the best in the field for treating emergency responders. I am an RCMP officer who has been treated by Keli for over 5 years. I can't even guess where I would be today if it weren't for her. I have no idea what the other officer is talking about, perhaps to "Old Boys Club" to really get it. I would, and have recommend Keli to any first responder. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Furman. Thank you Keli for all you have done, and continue to do.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016