Ratings for Dr. Arif Janjua

Dr. Janjua, along with Dr. Gooderham recently performed successful endoscopic skull base surgery on my husband to remove a golf-ball size tumor from his pitutiary gland. Throughout the process, we have found Dr. Janjua to be excellent and his assistant Jennifer is thorough and professional! We have had 2 follow up visits with Dr. Janjua and while his practice is extremely busy, he spends the time needed to help us understand the recovery process. Kudos to both Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham in performing this cutting edge treatment. I would recommend this team without hesitation!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I'm 26 years old and I had a Pituitary Adenoma. The surgery to remove the benign tumor was August 23rd. All the pain, headaches, and drainage went away after about a week and a half, I was able to return to work after two weeks, just had to avoid heavy lifting etc. Overall I had a great experience with both Dr. Gooderham and Dr. Janjua. Everything went as planned and the tumor was removed with no complications. If you have questions be sure to write them down before your consultation. These are two very busy men making the world a better place in one way, shape, or form. Cut them some slack.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I was referred to Dr goodermin and Dr janjuwa they fixed my tumor ..its gone !And I can see . Jennifer is really good she booked me fast and repeated my instructions many times til I got it . Christine is a nice lady .she's very busy running after Dr goodermin and his patience .thank you so much god bless you .Jenny told me where to o park my car I'm happy

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Arrogant doctor with horrible bedside manner. He doesn't like when you ask questions or if you have any concerns regarding the treatment. He is too busy for that or consider it as doubts in his qualification that offends his big ego badly. When I asked him a question he was reluctant to clarify my concerns and said that he had already spent so much time with me. "So much time" was 5 mins or so. Visiting this doctor was a waste of healthcare money and time. I left frustrated and definitely won't be back to see him again. I am sure there are other doctors with a better attitude and empathy. I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Having had sinus surgery with Dr Janjua, I would most definitely recommend him,i had been referred to him by another ent Dr who told me i'd be in good hands with him, she most definitely was right. I had a problem the first appointment, I waited over an hour could not wait any longer fearing parking meter would run out and I also had to go to work ,I explained this to office assistant and she said I can reschedule you I said no as at this point I was a little ticked off so i left. I have read other comments now this would be something I feel would have annoyed Dr Janjua on the contrary office assistant phoned me a few weeks later and said Dr Janjua was concerned I had left appointment and would I come back ,not many Drs would have done that they don't need to chase after patients ,especially specialist who have extremely long wait lists. After first few appointments surgery was booked I still wasn't sure I wanted it so Dr Janjua said think it over and don't hesitate to call me before surgery and I will discuss it with you again, I called the office asked to talk to him ,he phoned me back same day in between his surgeries for that day which I'm sure is a busy day. I always felt in good hands with every visit before and after surgery. I would recommend him in a heart beat to anyone considering sinus surgery, I even gave him a compliment on how he did my surgery compared to a friend who had sinus surgery a few years prior, he said well thank you but its not all me technology has come a long way ,he didn't need to say that he could have just taken the praise for how it was meant,i don't think he has a big ego at all as a few reviews have stated, everybody has a right to their own opinion so my opinion is he is the best!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I was given a surgery date and asked Dr. Janjua if it would be possible for me to still go on my scheduled vacation just a few days after surgery, and he told me it wouldn't be likely nor would it be wise to do so. As a result, I had to request that my surgery be postponed. The surgery itself was postponed to the next month, which wasn't a big deal to me (I actually thought I would've had to wait longer), but for Dr. Janjua it was like the end of the world. He asked me what was more important - vacation or surgery. With all due respect to his time and career, I wasn't going to up and cancel my family vacation that I had booked 2 and a half years in advance. Post-op I ran into a few complications, and after a few follow-up visits with Dr. Janjua he decided to write me off completely and told me to go see someone else. Guess his ego was still feeling a bit bruised. I don't doubt he knows his stuff, but if you annoy him in any way his attitude and willingness to treat you changes completely. For that alone I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Continued Excellent experiences with both his secretary and with Dr. Janjua. I had an excellent surgical outcome and the support I continue to receive is efficient friendly and punctual.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

The experience has to be pretty bad to get me to write a review. I've probably written 2 reviews in my whole life. Worst experience ever with a medical "professional". If you dare ask that surgery be postponed to think things over, his precious ego gets all offended and he WRITES YOU OFF! The 'God complex' comes to mind. Arrogant, condescending, treats people like they are numbers. Completely lacking in any semblance of compassion or empathy. You can tell his mom treated him like the little prince he thinks he is. Such a jerk. Stay away. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Horrible attitude and extremely condescending. Not helpful at all. I'm not sure who is giving 4 or 5 star reviews but he appeared to be very selective in who he would help and who he wouldn't. If you get the misfortune of being referred to him beg to see someone else.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Janjua is knowledgable but arrogant. So much so that I won't be returning. I know doctors aren't there to be chummy with patients but I expect the same amount of respect given to me as I would give to someone else, and that did not happen here. He seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. It's a shame because he really does know his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Arif Janjua's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)

HealthPartners