Ratings for Dr. Arif Janjua

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Poorly run office. Wrong apt. times given, the phone just rings without an answering machine. Still waiting to meet dr. Have met locum with no warning, though she was good.

Submitted October 13, 2015

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I recently was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called olfactory neuroblastoma. The tumour extended from the nasal and sinus areas and slightly into the brain. It required a 10 hour surgery by Dr. Janjua with Dr. Gooderham performing the part that required a neurosurgeon. From start to finish I found Dr. Janjua to be straight forward and helpful in understanding the overall process. Just over a month later I am about to start radiation. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Janjua for both the way that he dealt with me and for the skill and competence with which he performed the surgery. I am left with the firm belief that I could not have received better surgical care anywhere on the planet than what I received from both Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham. Jen in the office was wonderful in answering queries and in arranging appointments. She was always pleasant and helpful

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I believe Dr. Janjua to be knowledgeable to a degree but he did not help my situation. I was one of many patients who walked out with a nasal rinse bottle, only to have my problems persist for months and months down the line. Ultimately I got a new doctor who was able to solve my sinus problems.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I am very thankful to Dr. Janjua and the wonderful staff at St. Paul's hospital. My surgery was performed on November 25, 2014 and I am very comfortable with Dr. Janjua's knowledge, technique, and expertise. The procedure was done with great care and precision. The staff at St. Paul's Hosptial were excellent and demonstrated care and professionalism beyond expetation and made my stay very comfortable. I recovered very quickly and friends have even commented that my energy has returned so soon that it appears I hadn't had surgery at all! The only improvement I could suggest would be for the admin staff to send a reminder with clear instructions about after surgery care.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham removed a tumour from the base of my brain at the top of my nasal cavity a few months ago. My follow-up care during my hospital stay, and all interactions with Dr. Janjua and his team since have been great. He and his team care so much for their patients, I have been called by him personally to answer questions (which is lovely considering his schedule). His assistant Jen is a god-send when you're in the whirlwind of diagnosis and assessments and surgery and all the stress that goes along with it. I hope I never need to recommend his services to anyone I know, but would do it without a moment's hesitation if the need ever arose. He and his team are invested in my health, and are conducting a rigorous follow up plan in order to ensure I'm monitored and remain in such good condition post-surgery. His team is fantastic, as is he - couldn't be more thankful that he's my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

My review is 50/50. While I found Dr. Janjua to be friendly, I also found him rather dismissive of my issues. I have been having sinus trouble for years with no relief. While I was in the waiting room I saw numerous people exit with boxes of rinse and was given the same box upon the end of my appointment which has not helped. I will be seeking another opinion.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr Janjua did an amazing job with my sinus surgery. I had a lot of polyps and have been on steroids on and off for years. Since I met Dr Jamjua, he took a different approach with me and with the help of the special rinses and surgery and haven't required steroids for more than 2 years. He is very committed to his patients and wants the same commitment from them. He's excellent at his job and delivers in results. His front desk staff ( Jen) is very nice and accommodating. Glad I was referred to his team .

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Arif Janjua's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2002)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very disappointed with Dr. Janjua. Heard stellar things about him but found him to be rude and condescending."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Poorly run office. Wrong apt. times given, the phone just rings without an answering machine. Still waiting to meet dr. Have met locum with no warning, though s..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I found this Doctor arrogant and he did not help me at all with my sinus problem. "

September 13, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Staff is terrible at returning calls. I found Dr. Janjua to be knowledgable but he could use better bedside manner."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called olfactory neuroblastoma. The tumour extended from the nasal and sinus areas and slightly into the..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I believe Dr. Janjua to be knowledgeable to a degree but he did not help my situation. I was one of many patients who walked out with a nasal rinse bottle, only..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very thankful to Dr. Janjua and the wonderful staff at St. Paul's hospital. My surgery was performed on November 25, 2014 and I am very comfortable with Dr..."

February 6, 2015

February 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham removed a tumour from the base of my brain at the top of my nasal cavity a few months ago. My follow-up care during my hospital sta..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "My review is 50/50. While I found Dr. Janjua to be friendly, I also found him rather dismissive of my issues. I have been having sinus trouble for years with no..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Janjua did an amazing job with my sinus surgery. I had a lot of polyps and have been on steroids on and off for years. Since I met Dr Jamjua, he took a diffe..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My first visit I was seen by his associate who was lovely . My followup I had expected to see her again but was ushered in by an intern and Dr Janjua followed s..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Mixed review. Seemed knowledgable but wasn't impressed with his bedside manner. Staff also really difficult to get ahold of if you have any questions."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Despite the 1/5 star ratings below, I have to say that Dr. Janjua is the most punctual, empathetic, and knowledgeable specialist I have witnessed. His diagnosis..."

September 30, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor may have a complaint against him. I came across it on a site after googling his name. It doesn't seem to state what the specifics of the complaint a..."

September 29, 2014