Ratings for Dr. Bernita K. Sands

She doesn't seem to want to do an examination requiring touching. She gets a sour look when she goes to touch you. She talks too softly and fast and doesn't explain things well. Twice she has given me serious diagnosis that apparently belong to another patient. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. She doesn't seem to listen or care about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

She is horrible, especially to black males. Don't give her your business!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Don't waste your time. She gives JSA a bad name. She never takes the time to talk to her patients or help them. It's all about quickness and a paycheck. Go sign up with another JSA physican. Not this one!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Saving lives is obviously not on her agenda. I wouldn't trust this woman to make a competent decision to save my life. Or that of my grandmother's, as it turns out. My grandmother Patricia Reiss has been severely mishandled at the hands of Dr. Sands. A UTI that went untreated for two weeks regardless of family feedback & staff requests at a rehabilitation clinic, one visit in that time frame, practically unreachable, combative, uncompromising, unyielding, and practically useless. My grandmother STILL has a UTI she was diagnosed with over ONE MONTH AGO. She has caused nothing but tears, hardship, anger, turmoil, and loss for our entire family. But she certainly knows how to rig the system in her favor for paycheck. The only thing I can thank Sands for is for giving my mother the courage to apply for power of attorney so that we can get rid of this useless hack. Good riddance. I can only hope you read this and lose as much sleep as our family has due to your mismanagement.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

My mother was a patient of Dr Sands for years. She is a diabetic and had early stage kidney disease. Dr Sands dismissed her complaints of feeling tired, weight loss and fever as 'acid reflux'. She had no symptoms of acid reflux, but Dr Sands sent her 4 times for the test to prove acid reflux. My mother passed this test all 4 times.Dr Sands was doing monthly blood work and did not notice a red blood cell count that was less than half of normal. Within 2 days of seeing a new Dr, my mother was hospitalized for severe anemia and give 3 pints of blood. She was subsequently diagnosed with Kidney Cancer and had her left kidney removed. By that point, the cancer had spread to the left kidney, lungs and brain. The kidney removed was the size of a football - it should be the size of an adult fist.My mother is currently 90lbs and living in hospice. If she lives through this month it will be a miracle.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2010

Dr. Bernita K. Sands's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Commercial Insurance Company