Ratings for Dr. Robert Cappell

I switched dentists and am so thankful as Dr. Cappell was able to actually identify my big underlining problem and give me techniques to counter it. My previous dentist had given me very poor advice based on outdated techniques and materials. I only wish I'd switched sooner!! I feel utterly confident in Dr. Cappell's knowledge and skills, and he was exceedingly compasionate about my financial challenges. The rest of the staff were also totally lovely! So friendly and helpful. Very much helped to put me, a new patient, at ease.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

I have been a patient at Dentistry in Motion for over 20 years and have truly appreciated the wonderful care that I have received. For the past few years, I have been having persistent neck and jaw pain, likely due to a combination of a sports injury and nightly teeth grinding and clenching. The number of pain episodes had been reduced to once or twice per week through the use of a night guard, along with conservative, intermittent, therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic adjustments and massage. More recently, Dr. Cappell and staff had recommended a "deprogrammer" to improve my bite and further reduce the pain. I have now completed the "deprogramming and bite adjustment treatment" under Dr. Cappell's care and have been extremely happy with the results. My bite feels much clearer, crispier and more natural; my neck and jaw pain has been reduced to 1 episode over the last 40 days requiring an anti-inflammatory pain killer. I found Dr. Cappell to be extremely helpful throughout this entire process. He provided me with the latest information, potential benefits and realistic scenarios/outcomes prior to my approval to commence the treatment; the current results certainly exceed my expectations. Thank you Dr. Cappell and staff for your professional and kind approach in providing me with the best dental care possible.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Cappell and Sharon are absolutely one of the best people to work with. They take the time to professionally explain my situation and address my concerns. Not only are they friendly but always have a smile when I see them!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

My heartfelt thanks to everyone at Dentistry in Motion. My day started with my "mishap" at home and I called this office right away. This office made me feel like the most important patient to them and I felt like my emergency was taken very seriously. I was given an appointment within the hour and as soon as I arrived everyone made me feel so comfortable and I was reassured that my by the time I felt that day I would have an even better looking smile than when I woke up that morning. You don't often see such great team work and all done with a smile! I left after a couple hours with beautiful front teeth and to top it all off Dr. Cappell even called me that evening to see how I was doing. Dr. Cappell and his team's compassion and care were greatly appreciated!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

This was my first visit and I needed a broken tooth fixed but I was extremely nervous. The dentist was amazing, he explained everything to me as he was doing it which really helped me relax. This was the smoothest most painless dental procedure that I ever had in my life. I will definitely be making another appointment.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Very friendly, helpful and professional staff!!!1

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Dr. Cappell is a consummate professional. For many years, I have deferred to his diagnostic acumen and treatment recommendations and have always received high quality care. As a patient with complex and high maintenance dental realities, I strongly suspect that his skillful interventions have spared me considerable anguish in the future. His referral network is impressive. So is his commitment to staying abreast of current developments and technology in the field. No dinosaur dentistry in this practice. On a personal level, he is a gentle, caring, and always empathic man who clearly cares about the well-being of his patients. He’s also kinda cute. Dr. Cappell has my strongest, unqualified recommendation

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Cappell was referred to me , I had been having major problems with a recent new bridge (done by other dentist) In 2 short visits Dr Cappell has managed to remove the faulty bridge, adjust my bite and put in a temp bridge. I already feel so much better, at this point I am quite pleased with his excellent work ethics. The overall staff are pleasant , positive and extremely caring. Thank you Dr Rob, Patty, Sarah and Carmy and of course Natalie.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Cappell for the past 20 years. His staff is very friendly and professional, and Dr Cappell is knowledgable and uses humour to put you at ease. I am so pleased with this doctor and his staff that when I moved over thirty miles away - I continued to return for my dental needs. The only knock I have against them is that I sometimes am required to wait about 5 minutes after my appointment time to be seen.....but if that's the worst I can say about them, then you can rest assured that this is a great dental office!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I have been going to this dental office for years. I have always been treated with excellent care and with a very professional group. The office manager, Carmy, is always great at explaining the costs and helping to provide great service in scheduling payments. Mary is amazing dental technician and Dr. Cappell, who has done extensive work on many recurring dental problems I have had, has always been extremely professional and very funny. It is a great and positive environment. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Dr. Robert Cappell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised right here in Toronto. I graduated from the University of Toronto with my Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1984. Since 1990, I have partnered with Dr. Colin Podolsky with a commitment to excellence for our patients. As a member of the Ontario Dental Association, Mentor of Kois Institute and many other professional associations, I continue to embrace the latest technologies and advances in dentistry. I have two grown sons that continue to make me proud. I also have a long-standing interest in sports and fitness, which includes golf, spinning, weight training and skiing.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)