Ratings for Dr. Guoli Johnston

My wife and I had a horrible experince with our visit with Dr. Guoli Johnston. Before our appointment day, we filled the health questionnaire online. However, when we arrived at our appointment on-time, we spent the first 20 minutes waiting and answering the same questions on the questionnaire with the nurse (who was nice and patient). Then Dr. Johnston rushed in with 10 minutes left in the appointment, her first words were "I don't have much time", and she started asking the same questions about my wife's health and conditions. Asking the same questions are ok with us, we like that she's confirming; however, her saying that "I don't have much time" makes us feel like she's not detailed and not thorough with the examination, and just wants to quickly finish the exam. She speaks very fast and not clearly at all, and almost everytime we pause to think for a bit (as we're trying to understand her), she starts uttering "quick, we don't have much time". When she started doing hands-on exam, she was rough and keeps on pushing my wife for response as well. My wife was already not feeling well going in to the appointment, and the doctor's carelessness did not help at all. The doctor kept on telling my wife to relax, but how can anyone relax when the doctor is rushing and pushing? After the exam, she said she'll give my wife 5 minutes to get re-dressed, and she rushed back 2 minutes later and just barge in without asking my wife if she's ready. She started explaining what kind of condition my wife could have and used a medical term that we didn't understand. When we asked her to explain what that term meant, she said "we don't have much time, you can look it up on the Internet yourself". Why do we need to go see a doctor if we can look it up on the Internet? Isn't that what the doctor is for, is to give us correct information instead of us looking at some random websites online? Also, when we asked her the question about the medical term, she responded with "do you understand what I'm saying?" in a rude tone, as if we're stupid or something. At this point we were fed up with her, so we just got up and left without needing to hear anything else from her. Needless to say we won't be returning to Dr. Johnston.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

The worst and no patience doctor I had ever seen. When I asked questions about my illness, she is totally without patience and said" you can't do that, the time is over" however she was always late for my appointment. And she can't even find out my problems. She just guess and try and waste of my time. Too bad, if u want to get health in a short time, don't ask her for help, she is not a good doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

She was my doctor when I gave birth to my daughter, all I can say is she is the worse doctor ever. At the day of my labor, she was the doctor on call, but when I gave birth, she fell sleep and the nurse paged her so many times. By the time she run into the room, I already gave birth and lost so much blood, she couldn't even figure out where to start to stitch me up. Thank GOD that the two nurses that night are very experience, kind and helpful, otherwise, I might not be here typing. If you want a doctor who will be there at your labor day, don't go with this one. NOT RECOMMENDED!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

This doctor is phenomenonal. She literally saved my life after my OBGYN was neglectful during the birth of my daughter, leaving me with two very large staph abcesses, which landed me in the infectious disease ward of the hospital for two weeks and with an open wound for five months. Dr. Johnston was the one who discovered the infection and treated it promptly and effectively, despite its bad condition. She is extremely knowledgable and I would trust her with my life...in fact, I already have!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

She listened to me, answered all of my questions. Highly recommend!!!! Great office staff.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Receptionist & support staff were superb. I saw the doctor for most of my pregnancy and she was extremely pro medical interventions. She miscategorized my pregnancy, would not listen to my wishes to have an unintervened delivery and pushed me into several procedures until I got fed up & left the practice. As a result, I had a 100% natural birth with a healthy baby.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010