Ratings for Dr. Mary Jo Schmitz

Mary Jo is a pure professional with heart and a good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Dr. Schmitz frequently mentions her 20 years of experience and likes to quote National Cancer Institute studies. This is to probably to compensate for her lack of communication skills, her contradictory statements, seemingly lack of knowledge about new treatment methods, and an excuse to not advocate for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about this Dr. I found her to be the most caring, personable Dr. I have ever met.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Misdiagnosed, underwent surgeries and chemo being healthy. I wish I had never put a foot in Dr. Schmitz' office. Our pursuit of an independent medical review that found the error saved my life. It shouldn't fall to the patient to do this in self-defense. She was not my advocate and pushed me to hasten harsh treatment and more surgery instead.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr Schmitz is a goddess and she saved my life. She took the time to do my much needed surgery when others dragged their feet . I have the utmost respect for her and her staff.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have found Dr Schmitz and her staff to be both compassionate and professional. She honestly answered my questions regarding the prioritization of my surgeries and I am confident with the info given me. My ob-gyn surgery is tomorrow and I believe I am in good hands with Dr Schmitz

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I don't know how to express my absolute dissatisfaction of Mary Jo without sounding like I am just bitter. She is completely incompetent to dangerous levels. She saw me throughout my pregnancy monitoring cervical cancer (basic paps which were in my opinion a waste of time as I already had cancer, what is doing a pap going to do other than get my insurance money and copay?) After my baby was born I saw her for a follow up where she performed yet another pap (nothing further) and a nurse called me later to tell me that my cancer was gone. GONE. No treatment, GONE. After demanding to speak with her she explained that birthing a baby could clear my cancer. That may be the case but days earlier I told her (and she saw) that i had a C-section. She then told me that I never actually HAD cancer just precancer, which contradicted her first diagnosis. I got another opinion weeks later, my cancer was stage 1b1 calling for a hysterectomy. These are FACTS. She is lazy, cold, and only wants money.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Just awful! Absolutely no compassion or courtesy from Dr. Schmitz or her staff. I hope I never have to set foot in that office again.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Schmitz and her staff are completely unhelpful. After being referred to her office she spent less than 5 minutes with me,neglected to explain my diagnosis and the procedure, and did not offer opportunity for me to ask questions before I was sent out the door. When I called back the next day I was told that one of the NP's or Dr. Schmitz herself would call me back to answer my questions and that has yet to be seen. If you have another option, I would highly recommend going elsewhere for your care.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

I saw both Dr Davis and Dr Schmitz and they were both excellent communicators, made sure I understood everything and asked more than once if I had questions or concerns. Dr. Schmitz is warm and open and matter of fact. I felt she was very confident about the outcome and honest about possible problems. The surgery was more difficult for her than anticipated but she completed it successfully and I have had the minimum pain/soreness that I could imagine. She also has a positive and cheerful personality and sense of humor but not in an inappropriate way. She was also great with communicating with my daughter after the surgery. I really couldn't expect any better care from Dr Schmitz and her staff. Very grateful and happy.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Dr. Mary Jo Schmitz's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Englewood, CO